Here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I want to discuss something with you.
I feel it's good to let you know about some movies I see. So, I'll tell you about them!
Here are movies I've watched:
* Destination Gobi, starring Richard Widmark, Don Taylor and other actors. Click on this link, if you'd like to check out this American Technicolor World War 11 film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destination_Gobi. It was good to watch.
* Alvarez Kelly, starring William Holden and Richard Widmark. To check out this Pathecolor war Western film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvarez_Kelly. I found it interesting.
* The Englishman who Went up a Hill but Came down a Mountain, starring Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, and other actors. Would you like to check out this British film regarding what happened during WW1? If so, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Englishman_who_Went_up_a_Hill_but_Came_down_a_Mountain. I enjoyed this movie.
* Force 10 from Navarone, starring Robert Shaw, Harrison Ford and other actors. Please click on this link, to check out this British-American war film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_10_from_Navarone_(film). Even though it was sad, I watched it.
* The Devil's Brigade, starring William Holden, Cliff Robertson and other actors. If you'd like to check out this American DeLuxe Color war film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil%27s_Brigade_(film). It was good to watch.
Hopefully, you realized that the actors on these movies were not the same people. However, these movies were about war.
To me, I'm so thankful that my dad and uncles were in the Canadian Army, and that anyone/everyone who fought during WW2 and/or any other wars, did everything they could to do what was right.
Even though not everyone who fought in wars were Christian, many people were. And, they felt they needed to fight in the war, to work for God.
Thinking of that, made me think of Jeremiah 51:20, "Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms;".
Amen! Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms.
Even though today's Bible verse, doesn't fully relate to wars, like WW2 wars that people have fought in, it related to me that way.
Please realize that it also relates differently.
God wants us to do for Him, what people have done for war.
Yes, we are His battle axe and His good weapon of war. Whatever we do for Him, He will do what is needed for us.
For this, I'm thankful and always will be.
Thank You, Lord!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org