Thursday, April 4, 2019

Canadian Christian...

There's something I feel I need to let you know about, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL).

I feel you need to read an article, so I'll be sharing it with you.  The article is by prophecynewswatch.com and is entitled, Canadian Christians Branded As "UnCanadian" For Traditional Religious Beliefshttp://prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=2791&fbclid=IwAR10W7_m4GRzb9o3Ks6gKInHYxin15l6JAk_uE3NgiQI6sRR06TWpGWftcE#l15f5aI0gtTWH0r7.01.

Hopefully, you read the entire article.

Attacks on freedom of religion and freedom of conscience are a near-constant in Canadian news cycles of late, from physicians fighting in court for the right not to refer for procedures they find immoral to religious schools battling the government in court to maintain the independence and integrity of their institutions. 

Many religious views have been recast by many progressive politicians and academics (with the obedient acquiescence of the media) as hateful and even vicious, and as such it is open season on those who dare to hold these views and worse, speak of them aloud.

So I am not surprised that a recent study by the Angus Reid Institute in partnership with Cardus, a conservative think tank based out of Ottawa, indicated that only 59% of Canadians say that religious freedom makes our country a better place, leaving a full 41% that presumably feel that religious freedom makes our country a worse place, or at least feel ambivalent about a fundamental freedom. Ray Pennings of Cardus broke it down recently in the Hamilton Spectator:

While a clear majority sees the benefits of religious freedom, it’s curious that more of us aren’t enthusiastic about this fundamental human right. What’s at play here?

There are likely several factors, including a hardcore secularist viewpoint, though this remains a minority view in Canada.

The same survey used a series of measures to classify Canadians among three categories — those welcoming of faith in public life, those who are unsure and those hostile to it. The proponents of public faith are the largest group at 37 per cent, while the other two weigh in at 32 per cent each. Only 31 per cent of the group hostile to public faith say religious freedom makes Canada better. An almost equal proportion says it makes Canada worse.

Clearly, hardcore secularism contains a fervent opposition to religion and its free expression.

Related to that secularism could be prejudice against public displays of faith. Indeed, half of Canadians say they’re uncomfortable with religious garments or symbols in the workplace — something that disproportionately affects Muslims, Jews and Sikhs. Such discomfort may translate into lower support for religious freedom.

Wow!  To me, this is terrible.

After all, we Christians who are Canadian, are truly Canadian.

Why anyone is thinking what was stated badly about us Christians, lets us know that they are NOT Christian.  Which means that they have not gained salvation.

After all, if they are not trusting in/believing upon our Lord, Jesus Christ, then they will never have salvation.

Thinking of that, made me think of Acts 4:12, "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.".

Amen!  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Please realize that if you have not gained salvation by trusting in/believing upon our Lord, Jesus Christ, then when your life ends, here on earth... you will spend eternity in Hell, separated from God... with NO chance of escape.

I'll pray that you will gain salvation.  If you do, you'll be eternally blessed.


Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail:  lifewithlynnie@gmail.com