Before I begin today's Life with Lynnie (LwL) blog entry, I'd like to wish my grandson, Z... Happy Birthday! I'm looking forward to celebrating with you and family. Happy Birthday!
Guess what I'll do today, here on LwL?
Do you have any idea? Hopefully, you do.
If you do, you'll know that I'll let you know about some movies!
Here are some movies I've watched:
* Run Silent, Run Deep, starring Clark Gable, Burt Lancaster and other actors. If you'd like to check out this American black-and-white war film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_Silent,_Run_Deep_(1958_film). I enjoyed this WW2 war film.
* Paths of Glory, starring Kirk Douglas, Ralph Meeker and other actors. Click on this link, to check out this American anti-war film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paths_of_Glory. I enjoyed this WW1 war film.
* The Guns of Navarone, starring Gregory Peck, David Niven and Anthony Quinn. Would you like to check out this British-American epic adventure war film? If so, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guns_of_Navarone_(film). Yes, I enjoyed this war film.
* Dunkirk, starring Fionn Whitehead, Tom Glynn-Carney and other actors. Please click on this link, to check out this war film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_(2017_film). Did I enjoy this, regarding the battle in France? Yes.
* Sands of Iwo Jima, starring John Wayne, John Agar and other actors. To check out this war film, please click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sands_of_Iwo_Jima. Even though this movie was regarding what happened on an island of Japan, I enjoyed it.
To me, it's truly amazing to watch movies from various wars happening in different times and different places.
After all, we need to know about things that happened to people who loved us so much that they participated in wars to protect us.
Thinking about that made me think of Ecclesiastes 3:8, "A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.".
Amen! A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Even though I believe wars aren't great to happen, it's been wonderful that people fought in wars, and created times of peace.
For this, I am truly thankful, whether or not their lives ended during the wars. And, I'm thankful to God for helping everyone.
Thank you, dear military workers.
Thank You, Lord!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org