I watched movies!
Here are some movies I watched:
* A Bridge Too Far, starring James Caan, Michael Caine and many, many other actors. To check out this epic war film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Bridge_Too_Far_(film). I enjoyed this movie based in the Netherlands, during WW2.
* Das Boot, starring Jurgen Prochnow, Herbert Gronemeyer and Klaus Wennemann. Click on this link to check out this German submarine film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Boot. Even though this was regarding Germany, I enjoyed watching this movie, for it was regarding WW2.
* Windtalkers, starring Nicholas Cage, Adam Beach and other actors. If you'd like to check out this American war film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windtalkers. Even though this movie was regarding the Solomon Islands in the South Pacific, I was happy to watch it.
* H.M.S. Defiant, starring Alec Guinness, Dirk Bogarde and other actors. Please click on this link to check out this British naval war CinemaScope and Technicolor film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.M.S._Defiant. Even though this movie was regarding the French Revolutionary war back in 1797, I enjoyed watching it.
* The Heroes of Telemark, starring Kirk Douglas, Richard Harris and Ulla Jacobsson. If you click on this link, you can check out this British Eastman Color war film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heroes_of_Telemark. Knowing this was a film in Norway, during WW2, I was happy to watch it.
How amazing it was to watch movies based on various locations, even though each one was regarding war.
Even though war isn't really good for people to participate in, to me it's good that we can see and hear about things that happened.
Thinking of that, made me think of Matthew 24:6, "And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.".
Amen! And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Even though it can be truly upsetting having to be someone involved in fighting during a war, or having family and/or friends also do that, we must truly look to God.
Yes, we can pray for each person who does participate in a war. After all, they are trying to do what they can to help the situation. Praise God!
However, the reality is that the end has not yet come.
God's in control. And, He will always provide for us who belong to Him. Just as He's done in the past.
Do you know that if you belong to Him, that you will survive through the end times?
I realize that.
Not just because I belong to Him, by trusting in/believing upon our Lord, Jesus Christ, and have gained salvation and everlasting life.
Also, because I read God's Word, the Bible. For almost 27 years, I've read the entire Bible. And, learned about not just what God expects from us who belong to Him, but also about what He will do for us.
For this, I'm truly thankful.
I'm thankful to everyone who has supported us, during various wars.
Thank you, military people! I appreciate how you did everything you could to protect us. Of course, I'm thankful that we honoured each of you, on our Remembrance Day, here in Canada... even though some of us honour you always!
I'm also thankful to God, for He has provided for people who belong to Him... whether they lived, or died.
Thank You, Lord!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org