Before I begin today's Life with Lynnie (LwL) entry, I'd like to let you know that today is a special day. It's my grandson, A's birthday! I'm looking forward to seeing you, A... for then I can again wish you... Happy Birthday!
Today, I'll let you know about something I've done, recently.
I've watched movies!
Here are few movies I've watched:
* Who's Minding the Mint?, starring Jim Hutton, Dorothy Provine and other actors. If you'd like to check out this American comedy film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Minding_the_Mint%3F. Even though I didn't find this funny, I enjoyed it.
* Fatal Instinct, starring Armand Assante, Sherilyn Fenn and other actors. Click on this link, to check out this American comedy film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Instinct. Even though this movie had sinfulness in it, I didn't think it was funny. Yet, I watched it
* A Fish Called Wanda, starring John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis and other actors. Would you like to check out this British-American heist comedy film? If so, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Fish_Called_Wanda. Even though this movie had robbery in it, I watched it.
* Dirty Work, starring Norm Macdonald, Jack Warden and other actors. Please click on this link, if you'd like to check out this American buddy comedy film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Work_(1998_film). I must admit that I watched this movie, even though negative things were done.
* Soul Plane, starring Tom Arnold, Kevin Hart and other actors. Feel free to click on this link, if you'd like to check out this American comedy film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Plane. Even though I didn't find this movie funny, I watched it.
Wow! To me, it's amazing that I don't find most comedy films to be funny.
Well, in many films there is sinfulness, lies, people hurting others, and more things that I find are not funny. To me, this is sort of like what happens in our world, in many places.
To me, we can consider it, troubles in life.
Thinking of that, made me think of John 16:33, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.".
Amen! These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Yes, tribulation refers to troubles. And, in the world, many troubles happen to many people.
However, today's Bible verse let us know that Jesus said that in Him, we might have peace, even though we shall have troubles.
To me, it's wonderful that He also said that we need to be of good cheer, for He overcame the world.
All we need to do is trust in Jesus.
As I've said in the past, when we trust in/believe upon our Lord, Jesus Christ, we gain salvation and everlasting life. When we belong to Him then, He helps us and is always with us.
Jesus overcame the world, and He helps us who belong to Him, to also overcome troubles/trials that we experience in this world.
For this, I'm truly thankful!
Thank You, Lord!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com