Any idea what I'd like to share with you, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL)? Do you know?
It's something that I enjoy sharing. It's about... movies!
Here are some movies I've watched:
* High Anxiety, starring Mel Brooks, Ron Clark and other actors. Please click on this link, to check out this satirical comedy film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Anxiety. Even though there was anxiety, I watched this movie.
* No Way to Treat a Lady, starring Rod Steiger, Lee Remick and other actors. Click on this link to check out this black comedy thriller film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Way_to_Treat_a_Lady_(film). I enjoyed this movie.
* Hollywood Shuffle, starring Robert Townsend, Helen Martin and other actors. Would you like to check out this satirical comedy film? If so, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Shuffle. It was an interesting movie.
* Popi, starring Alan Arkin and Rita Moreno. If you click on this link, you can check out this American comedy-drama film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popi. I watched this movie, even though it wasn't great to me.
* Igby Goes Down, starring Kieran Culkin, Claire Danes and other actors. Check out this U.S. comedy-drama film, by clicking on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igby_Goes_Down. Even though it was not how I thought it would be, I watched it.
Ooohhh! Do you think these movies were shocking to me?
How come? Well, even though they were drama, satirical or thriller films, they were supposed to be comedy films.
Don't you think that comedy would make me laugh? It would. But, it didn't.
Because there was so much sin in each movie, I didn't find them funny.
Okay. Sin wasn't extreme everywhere. But, sin isn't great. It's rather evil.
And, people seemed happy doing what they were doing.
Thinking about this, made me think of James 4:16, "But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil."
Amen! But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
Yes, they rejoiced. They were happy, even though what they were happy about wasn't totally perfect in life.
Are you joyful about not being perfect?
But, no one is perfect. Just as God has told us in His Word, the Bible.
Do you read the Bible?
If you haven't, please begin reading in the New Testament portion of the Bible. Begin with the book of John. Then, read to the end of the Bible.
Later, when you begin reading the Bible again, begin reading at the beginning of the Bible in the book of Genesis. And, read the entire Bible.
Just as I've done every year, for over more than 20 years.
If you do, I believe you'll be joyful that you've done this.
I also believe that... God will bless you.
Thank You, Lord!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com