Today is a day when I have done something and tell you about it, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL).
Do you have any idea what it is I've done?
I'll let you know that I watched... movies!
Here are some movies I watched:
* Best of the Best, starring Eric Roberts, Sally Kirkland and many, many other actors. If you'd like to check out this American martial arts film, please click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_of_the_Best_(1989_film). This movie involved boxing. Even though I don't truly like boxing, I watched it.
* Diggstown, starring James Woods, Louis Gossett Jr. and other actors. To check out this American sports Comedy film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diggstown. Although I don't really like boxing, I liked this movie.
* Kickboxer, starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dennis Alexio and other actors. Would you like to check out this American martial arts film? If so, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickboxer_(1989_film). Even though I don't like boxing, especially with kicking, and even though there was sin involved in this movie, I watched it.
* Fight Night, starring Rebecca Neuenswander and Chad Ortis. Click on this link, to check out this action/adventure film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Night_(film). I watched this film, even though I didn't like that there was a woman involved in an illegal event.
* Gladiator, starring Russell Crowe, Connie Nielson and many other actors. Please click on this link, and check out this American epic historical drama film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_(2000_film). Even though this truly wasn't a boxing film, there seemed to be a lot of fighting in it. However, what I liked about it, was that God was spoken about!
Ooohh... You're probably shocked that I watched a lot of boxing films. I know I was shocked seeing them. However, that's what was on a movie station on a weekend.
As you read, I do not like boxing. Even though it's considered to be a sport.
Hurting people physically by boxing doesn't make me feel good for I do not like fighting. Even so, people not only do this, others enjoy watching not just movies with boxing, but also boxing fights.
Thinking about this, made me think of 1 Corinthians 9:26 (NIV), "Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air."
Amen! Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
I absolutely do not run like someone running aimlessly. For if I am having to deal with an issue that's difficult in my life, I don't fight physically. Sometimes, I just allow myself to feel hurt.
Why do I do this?
I look to my Lord, Jesus Christ. For He loves me enough to help me deal with difficult issues in my life.
He will help you, also... if you belong to Him.
I belong to Him, because I have gained salvation by trusting in/believing upon my Lord, Jesus Christ. I've got a wonderful relationship with Him, because I have repented of sin in my life, and have dedicated my life to Him.
If you have, then I know I'll see you in Heaven some day. And, we'll spend eternity with Him.
If you don't belong to Him, when your life ends here on earth, you'll spend eternity in Hell, separated from God... with NO chance of escape.
Come to Christ, today.
Tomorrow, may be too late.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org