Do you have any idea what I'll discuss today, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL)?
If you read LwL often, you'll probably understand that even though I don't do this, every single Saturday, I do it often.
What is it?
I discuss... movies!
Here are some movies I've recently watched:
* Battle of Britain, starring Michael Caine, Christopher Plummer and many, many, many other actors. Please... click on this link, so you can check out this British Second World War film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain_(film). Knowing this was a WW2 movie, I was happy to see it!
* Hanover Street, starring Harrison Ford, Lesley-Anne Down and Christopher Plummer. If you'd like to check out this Anglo-American wartime romantic film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanover_Street_(film). Even though this movie was about WW2, I truly enjoyed it!
* The Devil's Brigade, starring William Holden, Cliff Robertson and many, many other actors. Want to check out this American DeLuxe Color war film? If so, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil%27s_Brigade_(film). I must admit, I enjoyed this movie!
* Alamo Bay, starring Amy Madigan, Ed Harris and Ho Nguyen. To check out this drama film about a Vietnam war veteran, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamo_Bay. Even though movies about veterans can be sad, I enjoyed this movie.
* The Dirty Dozen, starring Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, Charles Bronson and many, many other actors. Here is a link for you to click on, to check out this American war film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dirty_Dozen. I enjoyed this movie, and all the actors in it!
Knowing that Remembrance Day here in Canada, and Veteran's Day in USA was on November 11th, I watched a lot of movies that related to war. Not all were of the same war, but the American movie channels had many war films.
For this, I was truly thankful.
So, that's why I decided to share them with you.
Thinking about how my dad, and other relatives participated in the WW2 Normandy Invasion, my heart was truly touched.
After all, war can be fearful.
Thinking of those who fought to protect Freedom, for many people in many countries, truly touches my heart. Especially, since many people looked to our God, to help them.
This made me think of Deuteronomy 20:1, "When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt."
Amen! Many people went against enemies, during various wars. And, even though some people were nervous, they were not truly afraid, for God was with them.
Even so, I feel badly that many people lost their lives.
Hopefully, they trusted in/believed upon our Lord, Jesus Christ. For, if they did... then they would have gained salvation. And, will spend eternity with Him, in Heaven.
Just as I will do, when my life, here on earth... ends.
Will I see you in Heaven?
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com