Hmmm... do you know what I'll do today, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL)?
Maybe you do. Maybe you don't.
In any case, I'll let you know that I'll discuss some movies I watched!
Here are some movies I watched:
* Body and Soul, starring John Garfield, Lilli Palmer and other actors. If you'd like to check out this American film noir, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_and_Soul_(1947_film). Even though someone had a difficult life, as a boxer, I seemed interested in this movie.
* Eight Men Out, starring John Cusack, Christopher Lloyd and many other actors. To check on this sports drama film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Men_Out. Even though this movie was stressful regarding baseball, I enjoyed it.
* The Harder They Fall, starring Humphrey Bogart, Rod Steiger and Jan Sterling. Click on this link, to check out this film noir: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Harder_They_Fall. Even though I don't truly like boxing, I enjoyed watching this movie.
* Requiem for a Heavyweight, starring Jack Palance, Keenan Wynn and other actors. Would you like to check out this teleplay? If so, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requiem_for_a_Heavyweight. I watched this movie, even though I truly don't care for boxing.
* Rhubarb, starring Jay Milland, Jan Sterling and Gene Lockhart. If you click on this link, you can check out this sports/comedy film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhubarb_(1951_film). Even though this movie was about baseball, it involved a cat. I enjoyed it.
As I'm sure you noticed, each of these films were based on sports.
Am I interested in sports? Yes. And, no.
Truly, I don't often watch sports. Mainly because it brings up thoughts in my heart and mind, regarding people I loved, who are no longer alive.
Meaning... my dad, my brother and my now deceased husband, Gordon; family members. Loved ones, that I've lost.
Even though I've lost those loved ones, and have felt broken-hearted, God has always helped me.
Thinking of this, made me think of Psalm 147:3, "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds."
Amen! He healteth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
He does this for all who belong to Him.
Has He done it for you?
Do you belong to Him?
If not, you may be left to suffer with severe grief, without having any help to deal with it.
If you belong to Him, because you've gained salvation by trusting in/believing upon our Lord, Jesus Christ, you'll be helped. He'll be with you, each and every day... helping you.
So, if you haven't yet done this, do it, today.
Tomorrow, may be too late.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org