Today, I feel I need to share with you, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), some things that I sort of addressed the issue of, a week ago.
What did it relate to a week ago?
With the D-Day, Normandy Invasion being done as I discussed on June 6th, I thought I should again share with you some movies focused on war.
Here's some movies I watched:
* Decision Before Dawn, starring Richard Basehart, Gary Merrill and other actors. Want to check out this American war film? If so, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decision_Before_Dawn. Even though some people had to spy on others, it was interesting to watch this movie, regarding WW2.
* The Statement, starring Michael Caine, Tilda Swinton and Jeremy Northam. Click on this link, so you can check out this American drama film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Statement_(film). Even though this movie involved a lot of Nazi war criminals, I found the film interesting.
* The Odessa File, starring John Voight, Maximilian Schell and Maria Schell. To check out this Anglo-German espionage thriller film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Odessa_File_(film). Even though this movie wasn't focused on during WW2, it was done regarding searching for war criminals of WW2. Interesting, to be sure.
* The Heroes of Telemark, starring Kirk Douglas, Richard Harris and Ulla Jacobsson. If you want to check out this British war film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heroes_of_Telemark. Even though this movie was regarding sabotage during WW2, I enjoyed watching it.
* Apt Pupil, starring Ian McKellen and Brad Renfro. Feel free to click on this link, to check out this American thriller film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apt_Pupil_(film). It was interesting to watch this WW2 movie, involving a Nazi war criminal.
Watching all these WW2 related movies, truly touched my heart.
After all, my dad was in the Canadian Army and participated in WW2, in France and Belgium during the Normandy Invasion, just as you've probably recalled hearing.
And, my mom was in the Canadian Women's Army Corp (CWAC), stationed in Washington, D.C., USA.
So watching movies regarding WW2, always touch my heart.
After all, just as God's Word, the Bible tells us, to everything there is a season and a time to every purpose, under Heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1).
And, there's war.
Just as we read, in Ecclesiastes 3:8, "A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
Yes, we all have time when we love... and when we hate.
There's also been a time of wars. But, there's also been a time of peace.
Just like what happened after many of the wars finished.
For this, I'm thankful, because God has always revealed truth to us. And, provides us with peace.
He always will.
For this, I'm thankful. And, always will be.
Thank You, Lord!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com