I'm rather happy sharing with you here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), regarding the importance of this past week.
What was so important?
USA's Memorial Day. Just as I discussed the other day.
Knowing that Memorial Day was happening, the television (TV) movie stations that I normally watch, had films that I feel applied.
Here's some movies I watched:
* The Caine Mutiny, starring Humphrey Bogart, Fred MacMurray and other actors. If you'd like to check out this American fictional Navy drama film, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Caine_Mutiny_(film). Even though this movie was based on WW2 and was fictional, I enjoyed it.
* Morituri, starring Marlon Brando, Yul Brynner and other actors. Click on this link, if you'd like to read about the Allied sabotage film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morituri_(1965_film). Based on WW2, this movie was done regarding what happened in India. It was sad, but good to watch.
* The Wild Geese, starring Richard Burton, Roger Moore and other actors. If you'd like to check out this British adventure film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild_Geese. Even though it didn't focus on Europe or Asia, this involved South Africa. Very different.
* The African Queen, starring Humphrey Bogart, Katharine Hepburn and Robert Morley. Click here, to check out this British-American adventure film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_African_Queen_(film). Even though this movie is based on WW1, I must admit, I truly enjoy seeing it... over and over, again. Mainly due to the love and Christianity that was in it.
* The Siege of Firebase Gloria, starring Wings Hauser and R. Lee Ermey. Make sure you check out this war film, by clicking on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Siege_of_Firebase_Gloria. This movie was unique being filmed in Philippines, for the Vietnam war.
Wow! Talk about amazing movies!
They weren't all historical. However, they all focused on what happened during wars.
To most people, wars aren't truly good. But, God has helped during each and every war.
Not always winning, but He provides.
Much like we read, in Jeremiah 51:20, "Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms;"
The Lord always helps us as being weapons of war. He breaks in pieces the nations, and with us, He destroys kingdoms.
Just as what happened during battles of war.
For this, we must be thankful. And, always remember.
Many people lived, even though they had to participate in wars. Just as God wanted them to.
He's is our God. He's in control.
He helps whenever we need help.
For this, we must be thankful. Always.
Thank You, Lord.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org