I'm sharing something, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), because yesterday was a special day.
What was it?
It was John Wayne's birthday! Well, not really, since he's no longer here on earth. But, if he were alive, then May 26th would have been his birthday.
Why does this seem important?
Well, being the date of what would have been John Wayne's birthday, many movies were shown that day, on television (TV) stations I watch on a normal basis. Of course, before that day I had also seen some movies starring John Wayne.
In any case, I'm sharing some movies I watched:
* The Shootist, starring John Wayne, Lauren Bacall and many other actors. Would you like to check out this American western film? If so, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shootist. Knowing that much shooting was done, didn't seem good to me, but the movie was interesting.
* True Grit, starring John Wayne, Kim Darby and many other actors. Click on this link, if you'd like to check out this American western film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Grit_(1969_film). I must admit that even though this movie isn't perfect, I truly enjoyed it.
* El Dorado, starring John Wayne, James Caan and many other actors. If you'd like to check out this American western film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dorado_(1966_film). Even though there was hatred in the movie, I liked the fact there was love.
* Flame of Barbary Coast, starring John Wayne, Ann Dvorak and other actors. Click here, if you want to check out this American western film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_of_Barbary_Coast. Even though things didn't always go well, it seemed to end well.
* Westward Ho, starring John Wayne and Sheila Bromley. Want to check out this American western film? Click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westward_Ho_(1935_film). Although the reason for the hatred was serious, I still enjoyed watching the movie.
Is it amazing to you that each of these movies starred John Wayne? I doubt if you were shocked.
It may seem amazing that each of these films were American western films. However, John Wayne starred in many, many, many American western films.
None of these movies were Christian films, so it's probably not surprising that there was much vengeance in them.
After all, vengeance is something people sometimes feel. Especially if they don't rely on God, and realize that vengeance is His... and not anyone else's.
Just as we read, in Romans 12:19, "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."
Amen! we need to not avenge ourselves, even if we are being hurt by other people. For vengeance isn't ours. It is His... just as today's Bible verse tells us. And, He will repay.
This is truly so important for us to know... and to accept.
Life isn't easy.
But, God is good.
He's with us always. As long as we belong to him.
I belong to Him.
Hopefully, so. For if you belong to Him, He will repay and you won't have to avenge anyone who hurts you.
To me, this is truly a blessing.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com