Once again, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I'll be sharing with you about movies.
CHRISTmas movies! Well, actually... Christmas movies.
Here are some I watched:
* A Christmas Carol, starring Reginald Owen and many other actors. If you'd like to check out this American film, please click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Carol_(1938_film). Even thought this is an American film, it seems like a British film, since it is based in Britain. There are newer versions, but I adore this version the most!
* Scrooged, starring Bill Murray, Karen Allen and many other actors. Click on this link, to check out this American Christmas comedy film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrooged. Even though this is a comedy film, I didn't laugh much. But, I enjoyed it.
* Miracle on 34th Street, starring Maureen O'Hara, Edmund Gwenn and many other actors. To check out this Christmas comedy drama film, please click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_on_34th_Street. This comedy film made me happy and sad in various parts. However, I adore this movie!
* The Family Stone, starring Clair Danes, Diane Keaton and many other actors. Would you like to check out this American comedy drama film? If so, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_Stone. Even though I didn't laugh much, I enjoyed this.
* Surviving Christmas, starring Ben Affleck and more actors. Check out this American romantic comedy film, by clicking on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviving_Christmas. Even though this is supposed to be a romantic comedy film, I found it to be very different.
As I'm sure you can tell, none of these Christmas movies were actually based on CHRISTmas. Jesus wasn't the basis of them.
Like I've said in the past though, knowing that people focus on Christmas is actually a good thing, to me.
We may not know when Jesus was born, but knowing that people celebrate Christmas, it is important. At least to me.
Because then, when people mention or focus on Christmas, we can actually discuss CHRISTmas!
It opens the door, for us to discuss Jesus. His birth. And, how important He is to us.
Just as we read, in Mark 16:15, "And he (Jesus) said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
By discussing Jesus, His birth, and why He came to earth, we can preach the gospel. The more we do it, the more we are open to preaching the gospel to every creature of the earth.
For this, I praise God!
Even though December 25th may not be Jesus' birthday, I'm grateful that we have an opportunity to preach the gospel to anyone/everyone we come in contact with, where we live.
I do it.
If so, I know God will bless you.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com