Once again, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL) I'll be sharing information with you on something I've done.
Here's some I watched:
* Dark Command, starring John Wayne, Clair Trevor, Roy Rogers, Gabby Hayes and Walter Pidgeon. If you'd like to find out about this western film, please click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Command. I must admit, that even though this movie involved a bit of the civil war, I truly enjoyed it. After all, the actors were wonderful!
* Sherlock Holmes Faces Death, starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. To check out this mystery film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_Faces_Death. Even though this film had some frequent mentions of war (WW2), it wasn't the focus of the movie. I enjoyed it.
* Michael Collins, starring Liam Neeson, Julia Roberts and other actors. Click here, to check out this film about the Irish Civil War: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_(film). Even though this movie was truly upsetting to me, it was based on history, so I enjoyed it.
* Strategic Air Command, starring James Stewart, June Allyson and other actors. Clicking here, will allow you to check out this film on the cold war era: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Air_Command_(film). Even though it was sad that at the end of the movie, Robert "Dutch" Holland (played by James Stewart), wasn't able to fly any longer, I enjoyed watching it.
* Shout at the Devil, starring Lee Marvin and Roger Moore. It is worth clicking here, to check out this British war adventure film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shout_at_the_Devil_(film). Even though this movie was sad in nature, I enjoyed seeing it.
Hmmm... Did you notice that each of these films were about various war times?
With Remembrance Day coming up on November 11th, I thought it would be good to focus on movies that involved war times. Even though they can be sad.
To me, many people give time of their lives to fight during war times. Of course, many people also give up their lives while fighting.
I must say that even though people go to fight for what they feel is right, it isn't easy.
However, I've been told in the past by some people that many people trust in God to go and do the fighting they do. Plus, I've seen it in some war movies, as well.
Basically, those people have done what God would have them do.
Just as we read, in Ephesians 6:11, "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."
Amen! Putting on the whole armour of God, is very important, so that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
After all, those who fight against people to hurt them, and change life, basically do what they do, on behalf of the devil.
Yet, those who have fought to protect us, or for our freedom, have done what God truly would have them do. For this, I am thankful!
Yes, I was happy hearing years ago from many military people about how they relied on God. I believe that many put on the whole armour of God.
For this, I am truly happy. And, always will be.
I will always honour them.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com