Guess what I'll tell you about today, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL)? It's something I've done in the past.
Here's some I've watched:
* From Here to Eternity, starring Burt Lancaster, Donna Reed, Frank Sinatra, Ernest Borgnine and other actors. If you'd like to check out this drama film from the WW2 era, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Here_to_Eternity. Even though there was parts of the story I didn't like, I watched the whole movie.
* To Be or Not to Be, starring Carole Lombard, Jack Benny, and other actors. To check out this comedy film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Be_or_Not_to_Be_(1942_film). Believe it or not, this movie involved Warsaw during WW2, and Nazi's. It was good to watch.
* The Mountain Road, starring James Stewart, Lisa Lu and Glenn Corbett. Want to check out this war film? Click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mountain_Road. Even though this was a war movie, there was some love in it.
* A Bridge Too Far, starring Dirk Bogarde, Sean Connery, Gene Hackman, Robert Redford and many other actors. Click here, to check out this British-American epic war film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Bridge_Too_Far_(film). I enjoyed seeing this film focused on the Netherlands.
* Exodus, starring Paul Newman, Eva Marie Saint, Peter Lawford, Lee. J. Cobb and other actors. If you'd like click here, you'll check out this epic film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exodus_(1960_film). Even though this movie is about the creation of Israel, it is virtually a war film.
You may be surprised that I discussed movies like this, again. But, it didn't surprise me, because of having Remembrance Day this month, there were many movies like this, shown.
Even though there was love, sin and other things within these movies, they were all war films.
Thinking about war, reminded me of Matthew 24:6, "And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."
War is not great. At least not for those who fight within the war. Or, for those who are affected by it.
However, just as God told us in today's verse, we shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
War will happen. Over and over, again.
Much like what has happened throughout the world.
They have come and gone. Began and ended.
But, the ending has not yet come.
My friend, there will come a time when the end comes.
Are you ready?
Are you trusting in/believing upon our Lord, Jesus Christ?
For if you haven't yet done this and gained salvation, you will spend eternity in Hell, separated from God, with NO CHANCE OF ESCAPE.
Of course, if you have, then you will spend eternity in Heaven with Him. And, with me.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com