Today, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL) I'll be discussing movies, again.
After all, I do watch a lot of them. :) Especially, since I've battled health problems and wasn't able to go out and do other things for quite a while.
Here are some movies I've watched:
* The Scarlet Claw, starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. To check out this Sherlock Holmes film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_Claw. I must admit, I enjoyed this movie.
* The Pearl of Death, starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. If you'd like to check out this, Sherlock Holmes film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pearl_of_Death. This movie was really good!
* Sherlock Holmes and the House of Fear, starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. To check out this crime film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_and_the_House_of_Fear. Believe me when I say this is worth watching.
* The Woman in Green, starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. Click here, to check out this Sherlock Holmes film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Woman_in_Green. Again, I must say, this was a good movie.
* Pursuit to Algiers, starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. Want to check out this Sherlock Holmes film? Click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pursuit_to_Algiers. I enjoyed watching this movie!
Hopefully, you're chuckling about what I listed as movies I watched... and who starred in them. :)Yes, every movie listed here today, are Sherlock Holmes films.
Basil Rathbone stars as Sherlock Holmes. Nigel Bruce stars as Dr. Watson.
If you know me or have read some past LwL entries, you'll be aware that I don't always enjoy crime films. But, the Sherlock Holmes movies are really interesting. At least, to me.
Even though there is a crime in each film, the focus isn't truly upon that.
To me, these Sherlock Holmes movies are more like mystery films. After all, they need to figure out who committed the crime!
Knowing that the crime itself isn't focused on fully, makes it good, in my mind.
As I already said, the main focus is about finding out who did the crime. To me, this means that we have to be able to search our minds, if we want to figure it out, before we see the end of the film.
For me, instead of focusing on the crime, I think about information I saw and heard, to help me determine what happened, by whom. My brain thinks about everything I see and hear.
Sometimes I believe I know what the answer is. Sometimes, I don't.
However, I truly am happy that God has allowed this series of films to be created. It makes me so happy with Him, especially since I truly love Him.
Thinking of this, brought to mind, Mark 12:30, "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment."
Yes, I love the Lord my God with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my mind, and with all my strength.
Even though I haven't had much strength over the past few months, He has given me all the strength I have needed to endure. Hallelujah!
He provides for me in so many ways. Yes, so very many ways.
I love Him so very much!
Not just because He's provided movies like these ones. Although I must say, I enjoy them.
He provides everything for me.
After all, I've not been well for several months. I've been in hospital, yet didn't receive treatment for what was ailing me. And, have been suffering at home.
Knowing I couldn't even lift my legs to get into my vehicle after arriving home from hospital, I was so unhappy.
Unhappy that I couldn't drive. Or, even go out to do things.
For how long? Several weeks! :'(
However, by being able to watch some television (TV) that I truly enjoyed, I was so happy! Today, I'm referring to these films.
It proves that even though I was not able to do much of anything, He made me feel comfortable being at home.
When you're not well, living alone isn't easy.
But, God is good.
He provides for those who are His family... always.
I'm part of His family.
Do you know how to become part of His family? It's simple.
Trust in/believe upon our Lord, Jesus Christ and you shall be saved (Acts 16:31).
By doing this, you gain salvation, and become part of His family.
Once you become part of His family, He will always care for you.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org