If you've been reading Life with Lynnie (LwL) for a while, you're probably aware I do something I write about here. I watch movies!
As you are probably aware, there more than one (1) television (TV) station, where movies are played on. In fact, there are a couple where only movies are shown. Even so, many stations have movies to watch.
Here are some I recently watched:
* Career, starring Dean Martin, Shirley MacLaine and other actors. To check out this blacklist film drama, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Career_(1959_film). This movie seemed true to life in some ways, even though it contained a lot of troubles in life.
* Moonraker, starring Roger Moore, Lois Chiles and other actors. Click here, if you'd like to check out this spy film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonraker_(film). Knowing Roger Moore is in a spy film, probably makes you realize this is a movie in the James Bond series!
* The Usual Suspects, starring Steven Baldwin, Gabriel Byrne, and many other actors. Want to check this neo-noir mystery crime thriller? Click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Usual_Suspects. Being a mystery crime thriller movie, don't be surprised at how much lying and other things are done.
* The Rainmaker, starring Matt Damon, Jon Voight, Danny DeVito and other actors. If you'd like to check out this legal drama film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rainmaker_(1997_film). You can probably guess that people died, lied and did sinful things in this film.
* Night Train to Paris, starring Leslie Nielson, Aliza Gur, and other actors. Click here to check out this British spy film: ht"tps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Train_to_Paris. Since this movie is regarding a secret mission, I'm sure you can understand there is non-truth contained.
Watching movies like these ones can be good.
Even so, there are things they do that remind me of the sinfulness of life, in general. Life, before people come to Christ, and become saved.
Why do I think this?
When thinking about what happens in them, I realize that they are filled with sin.
Lying and deceit are part of what happened in them.
Thinking of this, brought to mind Psalm 101:7, "He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight."
Sigh... thinking about how actors played parts helped me from being discouraged about life. After all, they play parts that may be unlike themselves, in their own lives.
However, he that worketh deceit shall not dwell within God's house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in His sight. Just as we read in today's Bible verse.
My friend, lying isn't good. Deceiving others isn't good.
Hopefully, you're not doing this. It's truly unacceptable to God.
It's not just unacceptable to God, regarding those who have not yet gained salvation by trusting in/believing upon our Lord, Jesus Christ.
It's also unacceptable to God, regarding those who are His children, by gaining salvation.
So, if you belong to Him and you've sinned, what should you do?
If you do, you'll be blessed.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org