If you read Life with Lynnie (LwL) yesterday and/or in the past, you'll know that I watch movies!
Some, I enjoy. Some, I don't.
It doesn't just depend upon the type of movie it is.
It depends upon how much love, care, or concern there is in the movie. And, how much Godliness there is, in each film.
Here's some I recently watched:
* Magic Town, starring James Stewart, Jane Wyman and Kent Smith. To check out this comedy film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Town. Why this was said to be a comedy film, is beyond my understanding; I didn't find it funny. Thinking about the love and lack of love in the movie, along with the Occult-like title, didn't inspire me to watch it, even though I did. I won't, again.
* Let's Make Love, starring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Randall and more actors! If you'd like to check out this musical-comedy film, please click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Make_Love. I almost didn't watch this movie, due to the title. But, I did watch it, since it was one of the last films Marilyn Monroe was in.
* Big Night, starring Minnie Driver, Ian Holm and other actors. To check out this drama with comedic overtones film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Night. Even though this didn't really make me feel like there was comedy in it, I've actually watched this movie more than once.
* On a Clear Day You Can See Forever, starring Barbra Streisand and Yves Montand. Want to check out this musical/romantic fantasy film? Click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_a_Clear_Day_You_Can_See_Forever_(film). Even though I enjoyed much of this film and the music within it, I didn't truly feel good about the fantasy part of the film, since it was not truly Biblically acceptable.
* Blue Hawaii, starring Elvis Presley, Joan Blackman and Angela Lansbury. Click here, to check out this musical romantic comedy film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Hawaii. If you're like me, you've probably watched this movie, with great music in it, many times.
Is your opinion of these movies the same as mine? I have no idea.
My opinion may be the same as yours. Or, it may be different.
Only God knows, to be sure.
Still, I must admit, even though I write about my opinion, I hope you don't get the impression that I feel wise. Wise, within myself.
I don't believe I am. At least, not in a human way.
After all, if I was, or if you were, we wouldn't be in a good position, with God.
Much like we read, in Isaiah 5:21, "Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!"
Just as He told us in today's Bible verse... woe to them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight.
We should not consider ourselves to be perfect in nature. For we are not.
God told us that no one is perfect. No, not one.
Not me. Not you. Not anyone.
The only person who has been perfect here on earth, is our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Jesus came to earth, to fulfill God the Father's plan of redemption. By doing this, He provided a way for us to be with God in Heaven, for eternity. Forever!
If He hadn't done this, we would all spend eternity in Hell, separated from God, with no chance of escape... ever.
I trust in/believe upon our Lord, Jesus Christ. Hopefully, you do, also.
If so, I'll be happy to see you, in Heaven!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org