As I mentioned in the past, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I watch movies! Movies, that sort of showed me that we do not live in a world of love.
Today, I'll let you know about some I've recently watched. Here they are:
* Let No Man Write My Epitaph, starring James Darren, Shelley Winters, Burl Ives and more actors! If you'd like to check out this crime drama, film-noir please click on this link: http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/193986%7C0/Let-No-Man-Write-My-Epitaph.html. Even though this was truly a stressful movie, I watched it to the end. And, may even do so, again.
* Come Back, Little Sheba, starring Burt Lancaster, Shirley Booth and Terry Moore. To read about this drama film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Back,_Little_Sheba_(1952_film). This movie wasn't a fun film, but I felt drawn to it, since it reminded me about how life can be for some people.
* French Connection II, starring Gene Hackman and Fernando Rey. This crime-drama film is a sequel to the original French Connection. Check it out, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Connection_II. Watching movies like this one, shows how many people suffer, since there are many people who lie.
* Fourteen Hours, starring Paul Douglas, Richard Basehart, Barbara Bel Geddes, and more actors! If you want to check out this film-noir, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Hours. While much of this movie was stressful, I was glad how it ended.
* Nightmare Alley, starring Tyrone Power, Joan Blondell and more actors. Click here, to check out this film-noir: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_Alley_(film). I didn't like this film much. After all, several times people tried to bring into the film the idea of being linked with the occult (having contact with the dead, etc.)
As you can see, none of these movies were of a comedy nature.
Nor, were they love films. Although, I must say some contained a wee bit of love.
The truth is... no one is perfect.
Not in these films. And, not in our world.
Just as we read, in Romans 3:10, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
How grateful I am that God loves us, even though we are not perfect.
Thank You, Lord!
Especially, since here on earth, there are many people who refuse to show any love towards anyone they feel are not perfect. Meaning not perfect, because they don't necessarily think the same.
Even so, God has shown us more love than we can ever think of.
He created a plan of redemption for us. By doing this, He sent His only begotten Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ, to earth.
Jesus didn't have to come. But, He did.
He did so, to honour and glorify God our Father. And, to help us, here on earth, so that we could gain salvation. Salvation, that gives us... everlasting life.
All anyone has to do, is trust in/believe upon our Lord, Jesus Christ, and they'll be saved! Their everlasting life, will be spent in Heaven, once their physical life ends, here on earth.
Of course, if someone doesn't gain salvation, they won't spend eternity in Heaven. Instead, they'll spend eternity, in Hell. Separated from God, with no chance of escape.
My friend... what have you chosen?
Until next time...
If you'd like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org