Like you've seen me do before, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I'll be letting you know about some movies I've watched.
Here's some for you to check out:
* Twelve O'Clock High, starring Gregory Peck, Hugh Marlowe, and more actors. To check out this WW2 war film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_O%27Clock_High. This movie I found to be interesting and would watch it, again.
* American Gigolo, starring Richard Gere, Lauren Hutton, and more actors. Check out this crime drama film, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gigolo. Even though this movie was based on sin, I must say it touched my heart. Especially, at the ending.
* Air America, starring Mel Gibson, Robert Downey Jr., and more actors. If you click here, you can check out this American action comedy film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_(film). Even though this film is supposed to be a comedy film, I found it to be more of an action film.
* Days of Heaven, starring Richard Gere, Brooke Adams, Sam Shepard, and Linda Manz. To check out this drama film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Heaven. This movie broke my heart in many ways. Especially, since it gives people the idea that it may be Christian film, since it is called 'Days of Heaven', when it is truly not.
* Island in the Sky, starring John Wayne, Lloyd Nolan, James Arness, and other actors. Click here to check out this aviation adventure drama film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_in_the_Sky_(1953_film). As you're probably aware, I enjoy WW2 war films. Yes, I enjoyed this one, especially since it involved Canada!
Even though I enjoyed watching these movies, I must say that they all sort of made me feel that life isn't really perfect.
Of course it's not. Especially, since God told us no one is perfect. Nor, are our lives.
It seems that most people want their lives better than what they are.
Thinking of this, made me think of Luke 12:15, "And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth."
Just as God told us in today's Bible verse, we need to take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consists not in the abundance of the things he possesses.
Whatever our lives are like and are in actuality, is how they are. They are not better than what reality is.
In my mind, the only thing that can make our lives better, is to think of where we will live, once we've left this world.
Yes, even though our lives end, when our body dies here on earth, we continue to live. And, will live either in Heaven or in Hell.
To me, Hell is not a good place to live. After all, anyone who goes there, will stay there forever, separated from God... with no chance of escape. Meaning, they can never leave there, to go to Heaven.
I'm grateful that God provided a way for us to end up in Heaven with Him. Thank You, Lord!
How does this happen?
Our Lord, Jesus Christ came to earth, and fulfilled God the Father's plan of redemption for us.
Now, all you have to do, is trust in/believe upon our Lord, Jesus Christ and you shall be saved (Acts 16:31).
By doing this, you gain salvation. By being saved, you gain everlasting life and will spend eternity, in Heaven, with Him.
My friend, I hope to see you, there.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org