Today, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I'll be doing something I've done from time to time. I'll discuss movies I've watched!
Most of the movies I watch are on television (TV) stations.
Of course, some are on DVD. While others are on normal stations where various shows are on daily and/or weekly. But, the majority of movies I watch are on stations like This and Movies! TV Network.
Here are a few I've recently watched:
* Two Rode Together, starring James Stewart, Richard Widmark, Shirley Jones, and more actors. Here is a link to this western film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Rode_Together. This was a good movie to watch, but it sure had a lot of sin in it. After all, a murder took place that broke my heart; sorry, I won't tell you. Watch it, yourself!
* The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc, starring Milla Jovovich, John Malkovich, Faye Dunaway, Dustin Hoffman and more actors. Here is a link to this French Historical Drama Film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Messenger:_The_Story_of_Joan_of_Arc. To me, this was a good movie to watch, even thought there was a lot of violence in it.
* Sense and Sensibility, starring Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet and Hugh Grant. This period film is based on Jane Austen's novel. Here's a link to check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense_and_Sensibility_(film). I found this movie good to watch. I hope you enjoy it.
* My Sister Eileen, starring Janet Leigh, Jack Lemmon and Betty Garrett. Want to check it out? Click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Sister_Eileen_(1955_film). Even though this is an older movie, I truly enjoyed this musical film! In fact, I've watched it a few times.
* The Notorious Landlady, starring Kim Novak, Jack Lemmon, Fred Astaire and more actors. I've enjoyed this comedy-mystery film more than once. Here's a link for you to check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Notorious_Landlady. Even though this movie had a bit of mystery to it, I enjoyed the fact that there was love in the film.
Even though these films were all very different in nature, I enjoyed each of them.
While God wasn't first and foremost in each of these movies, He was there... in some ways. And, so was love... in various ways.
Thinking of this made me think of 1 John 4:8, "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
Love is so important. For he that loveth not, knoweth not God... for God is love.
The most important thing in life, is love. God's love.
After all, God loved us so much even before we were born, that He created a plan of redemption for us. And, He gave His only begotten son, to us... by having Jesus come to earth, to fulfill God the Father's plan of redemption for us.
If this hadn't happened, we wouldn't be able to ever have eternal life. Not me. Not you. Not anyone.
But, because this happened, anyone who trusts in/believes upon our Lord Jesus Christ, shall be saved, and receive eternal life.
For this, I praise God! Thank You, Lord!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please... Shop at Amazon.com! Enjoy!
Thank you, to all who do. Blessings...