Here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), from time to time, I let you know what movies I have watched. Much like I will do, today.
If you know me well, you'll know that I do enjoy newer moves. However, I adore older movies!
Here are some I recently watched:
* The Three Muskateers, starring Gene Kelly and Lana Turner. It's an adventure film that is truly spectacular, especially when it comes to fight scenes. Here's a link for you to check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Musketeers_(1948_film). I guess you can tell, I enjoyed it!
* The Last Tycoon, starring Robert De Niro, Tony Curtis, Robert Mitchum, Jack Nicholson, and many more! Here is a link for you to check out this dramatic film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Tycoon_(1976_film). Hope you enjoy it, if you watch it. I did!
* The Freshman, starring Marlon Brando, Matthew Broderick, and more. Check out this crime comedy film, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Freshman_(1990_film). It was an okay film, but not always funny, to me.
* Escape from New York, starring Kurt Russell, Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine, Donald Pleasance and more. To check out this action film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_New_York. To be honest, even though this movie had great actors, I wasn't fond of it.
* Will Penny, starring Charlton Heston, Joan Hackett, Donald Pleasance, and more. Here is a link so you can check out this western film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Penny. I enjoyed this film even though there was broken love, in it.
Even though I enjoyed most of these films, I must admit, that watching them reminded me that my opinion about them isn't really that important.
At least, not to the world. After all, I am not really important to many. I'm not some important and well-paid movie critic.
Thinking about this, brought to mind Acts 20:24, "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."
Just as we read in today's Bible verse, none of these things seem to move me much.
Neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
I truly do not believe within me, that I am important in life. However, I do want to do my work for my Lord, Jesus Christ.
By doing this, I can testify about the gospel of the grace of God. And, how our Lord, Jesus Christ, came to earth, suffered and died for the sin of the world, granting us Salvation because we trust in/believe upon Him.
So, while movies are nice to me, I must admit that my work for God is even better!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, click here to... Shop at Amazon.com! Enjoy!
Thank you, to all who do. Blessings...