Before I begin today's Life with Lynnie (LwL) entry, there's something I'd like to tell you.
I want to say that if my mom was still alive, today would be her birthday. I truly miss my mom, and wish I could sing Happy Birthday to her.
Thinking about how my mom loved watching movies, I thought I would share some with you, that I recently watched.
And, thought I'd let you know that John Wayne is one actor my mom truly enjoyed watching. So, I'm letting you know about all his movies, I watched, recently.
Here they are:
* The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, starring James Stewart, Vera Miles, John Wayne and many more actors! To check out this film, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Shot_Liberty_Valance. As you probably realize, I enjoy westerns. Like this one!
* The Fighting Kentuckian, starring John Wayne, Oliver Hardy and more actors! If you'd like to read about this movie, click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fighting_Kentuckian. This is said to be a comedy action film, but to me, it is truly a love story.
* North to Alaska, starring John Wayne, Ernie Kovacs and other actors! To check out this movie, click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_to_Alaska. This western film is also a comedy film. Which I like!
* Flame of Barbary Coast, starring John Wayne, William Frawley and more actors! Want to check this movie out? Click on this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_of_Barbary_Coast. I enjoyed this western film!
* Westward Ho, starring John Wayne, Sheila Bromley, Frank McGlynn Jr. and more actors! Here's a link for you to read about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westward_Ho_(1935_film). Like most other western films, I enjoyed this one, even in its negativeness.
Like I've said in the past regarding other films I've seen, it seems that there are not many where sin isn't involved in the story.
Even so, there are sometimes situations concerning love. And/or family.
Much like these films listed today.
Of course, no one knows for sure if John Wayne was Christian.
I must admit that I read online that he became Catholic just a short time before he died. Whether or not this is true, I have no idea.
And, I do not know if John Wayne ever became a born-again Christian. After all, God told us in His Word, that we all must be saved.
Whether or not this happened, is only known by God.
God, who loves His children. Whether or not they are alive, or dead.
Much like we read, in Psalm 116:15, "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."
Any one of God's children, is precious to Him... in the sight of the Lord, even in the death of His saints. Just as we read in today's Bible verse.
Some people think it has to be determined if people become saints, or not.
However, anyone who has read and studied God's Word, the Bible, understands that every single child of God, becomes a saint once they have gained salvation, by trusting in/believing upon our Lord, Jesus Christ.
For this, I am happy. And, feel blessed!
After all, I am a child of God.
If not, you won't receive everlasting life, to spend eternity in Heaven with God. But, if you are a child of God, you have gained salvation.
And, I'll be able to see you some day. In Heaven!
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please... Shop at Amazon.com! Enjoy!
Thank you, to all who do. Blessings...