Saturday, June 20, 2015
Today, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I'll be discussing some movies I've watched. Just as I have done, in the past.
Here's a few:
* Angel and the Badman, starring John Wayne, Gail Russell, Harry Carey and Bruce Cabot. Here's a link for you to check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_and_the_Badman. This western movie was good. Of course, most that star John Wayne, are!
* Wyoming Outlaw, starring John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, and Raymond Hatton. Click on this link, to check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming_Outlaw. This is known as a Three Mesquiteers western film. Yes, it's an older movie, but I enjoyed it.
* West of the Divide, starring John Wayne. While there's not much information on this link, you may want to check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_of_the_Divide. Yes, this is another older, western movie. But, I liked it.
* In Harm's Way, starring John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Patricia Neal and many others. Here's a link for you to read about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=In_Harm's_Way. If you read what was on the link, you'll know this was a war film. I enjoyed it.
* North to Alaska, starring John Wayne, Stewart Grainger, Ernie Kovacs, Fabian and Capucine. Check it out, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_to_Alaska. I must admit, I liked this comedic-western film.
You're probably aware that each and every one of these films starred John Wayne.
And, I liked every one of these movies!
Well, John Wayne is a good actor.
In the parts he plays, he realizes that people are not good. Yet, he wants to do what he can to help others.
Thinking about this, reminded me of Ecclesiastes 3:12, "I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life."
Yes, I know. These films may not all be based on true stories, but they seem to reflect what God would have us do.
Some actors/actresses play parts where they seem to have no good in them. Much like real life. Just as today's Bible verse says.
Rejoicing, is done in these movies. As they do good, they become thankful and happy.
I must admit, I am thankful. Thankful to those who wrote the scripts, directed the films, and played the parts.
And, of course, thankful to God... for putting it on the hearts and minds of those people who made the movies, to do so.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com