Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day Surprises...

Over the last couple of days, I've discussed Mother's Day, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL).  Today, there's more information to tell you about!

After our pot-luck luncheon, as I mentioned previously, my pastor Tom and his wife L, blessed me with a gift of some delicious food to take home with me.  I know they did this, because they wanted to bless me, with love.  Thank You!  May God bless you...

Before heading home, I had a couple of errands to do.  Then, I made my way to the cemetery.  I visited Gordon's grave, and put flowers on it, again.

When I arrived home, I found that both my daughters had left messages on my answering machine.  They both wished me Happy Mother's Day.

I should let you know that it was close to 3:00 p.m. when I arrived home and received those messages.  It was then, when I realized I needed to take my cell phone off 'silent'.  After all, I was no longer at my worship service.  :)

When I placed my cell phone back on 'sound', I realized that B had also texted me.  Her messages on both my answering machine and in the text message, were the same.

B reminded me that the following day, May 11th, was my granddaughter A's birthday.  For your information, she was becoming five (5) years old.

B's messages carried on to let me know that I could be there at her home, for about 2:00 p.m.  She let me know about having a BBQ and birthday cake, then.

I texted B back, letting her know that I wasn't sure what time I could be there on Monday, because I needed to be home to receive a delivery from UPS.

B never responded to me.

Later, my daughter P called me at home.  She asked if I was going to be home in the evening, because she wanted to come see me.

This shocked me!  If you know me well, you'd know why!  I let her know I was happy she was going to come visit.

Around that time, a real-life friend who is also a Facebook (FB) friend, let me know that B posted about having had a birthday party for my granddaughter A, earlier on Sunday afternoon, before it poured with rain. 

While I was happy for A, I truly found this upsetting. 

After all, B had never texted me back.  Nor, had she called to explain that she wasn't referring to Monday, but rather Sunday, even though she hadn't mentioned it.

Later, when discussed, B felt I was the person who misunderstood her text about the following day.  I know she truly screwed up, but didn't want to make the situation any worse.

P arrived on Mother's Day evening.  With her was her boyfriend K, and two (2) of my grandsons.  D, P's eldest son, plus J, B's son.

This was an absolute surprise to me.  But, silently I thanked God!

After sitting, enjoying beverages and talking for a while, P let me know that she thought it was a good time for them to do something for me.  Something that I had wanted done for several months, but hadn't been able to do it, myself.

They were there to move my two (2) deck boxes, plus all my metal sign frames, back out onto my balcony!

In case you're not aware, those items had taken up much of my living room space, for close to three (3) years.  It took close to two and a half (2 1/2) years for the balcony repairs to be completed.  And, of course, since it was completed in November 2014, I had all those things inside my apartment for all these months, because I had no way of being able to remove them.

My family moved around my furniture, so that the deck boxes could be taken outside onto the balcony.  Repair was needed to the last one being moved. 

P and K swept, and P wiped the ceramic tile underneath were my couch normally is placed.  This way, I wouldn't have to worry about trying to move it, to clean the floor.

My goodness, I could hardly believe this happened!  Believe me when I say, I was not only shocked, but was very thankful!

Having been helped like this, truly made me feel loved.

Thinking about being loved, brought to mind, Hebrews 13:1, "Let brotherly love continue."

Yes, I know.  My family members aren't brothers.  But, brotherly love refers to everyone.

Knowing that I had suffered with that situation for such a long time, and knowing that I had not had visits by most of my family for several years, on Mother's Day, truly made me feel happy.  Especially, since it was such a surprise.

May God bless my family members, who showed me love on that special day!

I must admit, I truly felt blessed.  And, thankful. 

Thankful to my family.  And, of course, thankful to God... for placing it on their hearts and minds to help me.

The next day, on A's birthday, I made sure I called A, and wished her Happy Birthday!  And, sang Happy Birthday to her, over the phone.

A thanked me for her birthday gifts, that my daughter P made sure she received from me, when my grandson J, her brother, returned home.

While the Mother's Day surprises were a mixture of happy and not so happy, I must admit, I was truly thankful.

Thank You, Lord!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: