It's been a while, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), since I let you know some of the movies I watched, while I was without proper television (TV) reception, when my balcony was under repair.
Here are a few more films that I watched:
* Baby Blue Marine, starring Jan-Michael Vincent. This movie is based on WW2 events and how some recruits were treated. Here is a link for you to check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Blue_Marine. I found it to be an okay movie, but I'm not sure I would watch it, again.
* The Last Picture Show, starring Jeff Bridges, Cloris Leachman, Cybill Shepherd, and more. To find out more about this drama film, click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Picture_Show. To be honest, since this was such a well-known movie, I thought I would enjoy it more than I did. It was filled with sin.
* Lost Command, starring Anthony Quinn, George Segal, and more. This war film can be checked out, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Command. It was an okay movie; I didn't find it to be anything special.
* From Here To Eternity, starring Burt Lancaster, Donna Reed, Debra Kerr, Frank Sinatra, Montgomery Clift, and more. You can check out this drama film, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Here_to_Eternity . This was a good film in many ways. However, it was filled with many forms of sin.
* Brubaker, starring Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and more. I truly enjoyed this prison drama film. Check it out, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brubaker. Although there was sin in this movie, the focus was on truth and doing what's right for others.
Thinking about how many movies there are that are filled with sin, is overwhelming. It seems that almost all, are.
However, that last film, Brubaker made my heart feel good. There was sin in the film, but it was like good overcame sin.
Like we read, in Romans 12:21, "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."
While it is not easy dealing with evilness, God provides for us. For those of us, who belong to Him.
In His Word, the Bible, we are told that because Jesus overcame the world, so can we. Meaning... we, who belong to Him.
Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?
If you do, I praise God for you! If you don't, I will pray for you, that you will come to Christ.
Without having a personal relationship with our Lord, Jesus Christ, a person cannot become saved. Saved from spending eternity in Hell, with no chance of escape. And, saved from having their life filled with sin.
If you are not yet saved, come to Christ, today. Trust in/believe upon Him. And, you will be saved.
It's that simple.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org