Here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I discussed a while ago, how I was watching movies through the internet, due to not being able to watch television (TV).
I'm thankful that my TV was finally replaced.
Once again, I found I was having to watch movies. Many movies! For a different reason, though.
As I've mentioned a few times here on LwL, we've been having balcony repairs done on my side of the apartment building where I live. And, it's taken a long time to come close to the end of the work needing done.
Sigh... We are now in year three (3).
Even so, I am thankful that the end is near!
As I've mentioned in the past, it hasn't been easy dealing with this situation. Especially, since I was also unhealthy and had very little opportunity to be relieved from the difficulty of dealing with the issues to this regard.
No air-conditioning. Not being able to open window or balcony door for air. And, not being physically able to always leave my home, made this uneasy to live with.
Recently, the grinding began again on my row of balconies. Up and down the scaffolding went, several times per day.
They'd stop here. Then, there. Nearby. Further away. No rhyme or reason. Just up and down, continuously.
When it became time to coat the surface of the balcony floor, the workers had to move antenna wiring for my unit and others, too. They rolled it, and secured it, so the painting could be done.
When they rolled up my antenna wire close to a month ago, it affected my TV reception. Instead of getting over 30 stations, I began to receive less than a handful.
Then, they had to fix it after a strong storm we had. It was rolled up again, and moved, slightly.
When this happened, my reception became even worse. Then, I only received three (3) stations!
One (1) of the three (3) stations had reception that was not fully watchable. This meant I had a choice to watch either Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) or Movies! TV Network.
lol Yes, I watched some of both!
Ahhh, how grateful I am that I was no longer locked in my apartment, unable to leave. How thankful I am that I have been able to go out! Thank You, Lord!
Even so, when I was at home, I watched movies, quite often.
Here's information on some:
* The Greatest Show on Earth, starring Betty Hutton, Cornel Wilde, James Stewart and others. Here is a link to check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Show_on_Earth. I enjoyed watching this film.
* Viva Max!, starring Peter Ustinov, Pamela Tiffin, Jonathan Winters and others. Check out this movie, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viva_Max! This was a comedy film, that I sort of enjoyed and sort of, didn't. Still, you may like it.
* Breakout, starring Charles Bronson, Jill Ireland, Robert Duvall, and others. To read about this film, click on this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakout_(1975_film). I enjoyed this action film, in most parts.
* The Rat Race, starring Tony Curtis, Debbie Reynolds, Don Rickles and Jack Oakie. Click here, to read about this movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rat_Race. Knowing Don Rickles was in this, I thought it would be a comedy film, but was surprised to see it was a drama film. It was okay.
* Drums Along the Mohawk, starring Henry Fonda and Claudette Colbert. Check it out, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drums_Along_the_Mohawk. I must admit, I truly enjoyed this historical film.
* Roman Holiday, starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. Please check out this movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Holiday. I must admit, I enjoyed this romantic comedy film so much, that I've watched it several times!
Just so you know, these were only a few of many, many movies I watched.
How grateful I am for being able to receive that Movies!TVNetwork channel, that I've discussed here on LwL, in the past: http://moviestvnetwork.com/schedule/ Check it out for yourself!
Even though I enjoyed watching those movies, I must admit, I prayed. :) Such a minor thing to do, don't you think? Since, I prayed that my TV reception would be restored.
God told us to do so, Colossians 4:2, "Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;"
Yes, I realize that God didn't give us that verse, to be thankful for television stations. But, He gave us that verse, so we would be aware that we need to continue in prayer and be thankful! For everything...
Whenever I think about how God provided one of my favourite TV stations for me to be able to watch, I was truly thankful.
Especially, since I had no idea how long it would be before this antenna wire problem could be fixed.
Thank You, Lord! I'm truly grateful that You provided for me... even the smallest thing in my life.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org