Here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I've mentioned how I like to watch movies.
Normally, I watch films on my television (TV). They can be on any television station, but I really like Movies! TV Network. Here's a link for you to check it out: http://moviestvnetwork.com/schedule.php.
Before I sent my TV off to be repaired, I watched a couple of movies on that station. Here is their info:
* Heartburn. Here is a link to check this movie out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartburn_(film). It's a drama film, starring Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson. Even though the final scene made me smile, this movie generally made me feel sad. Watching this reminded me about how sometimes love can truly be one-sided. Yes, there was sin in this film.
* The Lady From Shanghai. Here is a link to read about the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady_from_Shanghai. This is film noir, starring Rita Hayworth and Orson Welles. To be honest, I almost shut off my TV when this was airing, but decided to watch to see if the ending would prove it to be different. I found this to be a horrible movie, filled with sin by every person/character in the film.
Once my TV was sent to be repaired, I began watching movies on my computer.
While there are many sites with films, I decided to search on YouTube for free movies. They have quite a few, available to watch.
* Death in Venice. Here is a link, if you'd like to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeAos94a-fw&list=PLF7198D24E5EC5B3C&index=125. This drama film starred Dirk Bogarde and Bjorn Andresen. I had never before heard of that movie. However, knowing I have been to Venice, I thought it would be worth watching. In my opinion, it was a sad movie. But, it touched my heart.
* I Hate Valentine's Day. Check this movie out, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Hate_Valentine's_Day. This was a romantic comedy, starring Nia Vardalos & John Corbett. Yes, there were some sad and/or sinful parts, but there was also some good parts to this film. The ending was very romantic. Overall, I enjoyed this film, even though I had never heard of it, before.
* Africa Screams. Here's a link for you to check out this film: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_Screams. This comedy film is one I believe I saw years ago, when I was younger. While not every character in the film was honest and forthright, it was humorous, even if it did involve some sin. I truly enjoyed this movie!
It seems to me, that almost every movie seems to contain sin, in it. Much like every person.
Just as we read in Ecclesiastes 7:19-20, "Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty men which are in the city.
20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
The fact is, there is no one on this earth without sin. We are all born sinners.
Even though God created us, this earth and more, it is clear that He cannot look upon sin. We must repent and turn from our wicked ways. How do we do this?
We need to become wise by hearing/reading God's Word... the Bible, and come to Christ.
Each one of us needs to accept Him, as God's only begotten Son, who came to earth to suffer and die physically on a wooden cross... and who later was resurrected to show us that not only does He have everlasting life, but we can, also.
By trusting in Jesus, and in Him alone.
I'm trusting in Jesus. I pray that if you are not yet doing so, that you will come to Christ today. Tomorrow, may be too late.
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org