Saturday, March 1, 2014

Answered Prayer...

Today, here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I have some surprising information to tell you about.

This past Thursday, February 27th, my daughter P came and got me.  She drove me over to the hospital, where I was to pick up a CD of the reports regarding every CT scan, Ultrasound and X-ray I've had since September 2012, when I had the emergency surgery for my Incarcerated Hernia.

You see, on the day when I had my ABSCESS drained (Friday, February 21st), I had stopped at the desk to request receiving a CD of all that information.  I was told that since I just had a procedure done that needed to be on the CD, I should wait a few days.

Unfortunately, since the new rules for obtaining this meant that I would have to show up in person and my daughter couldn't do it for me, I had to make sure I was able to return to the hospital.  I couldn't. 

At least, not until last Thursday.  The day when I was to travel to London, Ontario hospital (about 2 1/2 hour drive each way), where I was to see the surgeon I had an appointment with.

Originally, I had been told that it would take about 20 minutes to create the CD.  This had made me happy, because in the past, before the procedure changed, a person had to order it one day, and pick it up, another day.

Upon requesting the CD, the receptionist looked at my file.  Then, she told me it would take 45 minutes to an hour, to create it. 

She let me know the reason was because I've had a lot of testing done, and procedures through the radiology department.  It did take about 50 minutes to create the disc and for me to receive it.

Boy, was I ever glad P and picked me up early!  This way, we wouldn't be under time constraints to make the trip to London.

Heading east along Hwy. #401, once we passed the Chatham area, the weather got even worse than it had been close to home.

The wind was strong.  It seemed to grow stronger.  The result was that the wind blew snow from the fields, across the roadway.  These white-outs meant there were times when we couldn't see the road.

I praise God they only lasted a few seconds, at a time.

Something happened that was rather unnerving.  A police car heading west, made a U-turn just in front of us, so that he was now heading east. 

Instead of selecting a lane to drive in, the police officer occupied part of both lanes, driving in the middle of the road.

He began slowing down, causing us and others to slow down as well.  Eventually, we came to a stop.


Then it began to stress me being stopped for more than only a few minutes.  Whenever we were able to move again, P let me know that we were only moving at 2 km/hour.  Okay, once we got up to 10 km/hour, but only for a minute. 

Just so you know, we saw cars and trucks in the ditches on both sides of the road and in the median area as well, from time to time.

I prayed silently for those involved in those roadway traumas.  And, that God would make a way for me to not be late for my appointment.  After all, the road hold up lasted about an hour.

As we approached an exit for West Lorne, I could see all the trucks and traffic exiting.  They were having to use the side roads that go through towns and villages, rather than the highway.

Again, I prayed.  And, just as we were approaching the exit, highway staff began removing the cones that blocked the roadway, leading vehicles to the exit.

I praised God!  Hallelujah!  You see, the last time something like this happened to me, it took me more than an hour to return to the highway, following heavy traffic through those areas of lower speeds.

Two trucks ahead of us, were able to not use the cut off, and proceeded along the highway.  So, did we!

I thanked God for providing a way for me, to be able to not be too late for my appointment.

Thinking about this situation, reminded me of 1 Corinthians 10:13, "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

While the situation was not a temptation, but rather a negative circumstance, I was grateful God made a way where there seemed to be no way.  Thank you, Lord!

We arrived at the hospital about 10 minutes late.  By the time I registered, and they updated my information they had on file (from when I had my eye surgery in the past), we were about a half hour late.

The woman who led us to the waiting area let us know that they were aware that there was bad weather and many vehicle problems. 

She told us to not feel badly about being late.  You see, apparently the surgeon I was to see, was just leaving the operating room, after doing an emergency surgery for someone.

Hallelujah!  I praised God!

About five (5) minutes later, I was called into the examination room.

The surgeon's assistant met with me and P.  He took some information.  I let him know I had some written info.  He told me that he already had some info about me, but did take some info from me.  I wondered how he received it. 

I made sure he had the three (3) CD's the hospital had given to me.  Amazed?  I was, but after having 17 CT scans, plus everything else, it was understandable.

Afterwards, I laid on the examination table.  The assistant uncovered my wound area, but did not remove the packing.

Within a couple of minutes the surgeon entered to see me.  That's when something really shocking happened.

The surgeon shook my hand, then held it... while he spoke with me.  He said he didn't want me to worry about my situation, letting me know that he had already decided he would do the surgery I need done.

Believe me when I say that I almost broke into tears.  Tears of relief.

I thanked him and once again, praised God, for answered prayer!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: