Thursday, February 6, 2014


As I mentioned in yesterday's Life with Lynnie (LwL) entry, I wasn't in the operating room very long.  Recovery didn't take long, either.  Eventually, I made it back upstairs into my room.

It was rather surprising to me that I didn't get to speak with my surgeon, after waking in the recovery room.  Usually, this is done.  But, it didn't happen Sunday evening.

Instead, I saw my surgeon Monday, February 3rd.  In the morning.

When she came in to see me, she said she felt really badly for me. 

I interrupted her, and thanked her for not stitching me up.  She seemed rather surprised. 

So, I let her know that during the prior two (2) surgeries, I had been stitched up, because the surgeon thought I was ready for healing.  But, both times, instead of healing, I began leaking blood and fluid through my incision, which then opened up, creating a situation where I would take longer to heal.

I told her that I felt it might be better to heal from the inside-out, just as she had done, for me.

When her eyes met mine, they were filled with sadness and compassion.  I mean this sincerely.

She told me how very sorry she was that I had suffered so severely, prior to the surgery. 

She commented that she then understood why even morphine didn't help my pain.  And, told me that no pain medication of any kind could ever help pain from pressure.

And, she let me know that what happened in the operating room, was rather shocking.

Not just to her, but to all assisting in the operation.

My surgeon told me that when she used the scalpel (knife) and began cutting me open, something happened that was unexpected.  As soon as the knife hit the area of swelling inside me, my body exploded.

She said it was like an eruption.  Blood, fluid and whatever, flew up into the air.  Like a geyser.

She let me know that this was something she had seen before.  But, it was very rare to happen.

Apparently, she and all others around me, took a step back.  As she said, they looked at each other, and began expressing remorse, at how much I must have been suffering from the pressure that had built up inside me.

Discussions about how much pain I must have had, took place as my surgeon finished cleaning me out, apparently.

I must admit, I was in shock hearing this!

It's not something I had ever heard of happening to someone.  Well, except on science fiction movies, or stories.

Aloud, I praised God!  I thanked Jesus!  I commended the Holy Spirit, for leading my surgeon.

And, I thought about how much God truly loves me.

This brought to my mind, Matthew 7:11, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

He truly loves me.  He provided for me.  What more could I ask?

My surgeon let me know that she was glad I was seeing the London, Ontario surgeon, at the end of February. 

You see, I asked her if she could help me with the surgery I've been waiting for since last May.  She let me know that she couldn't.  Removing mesh and dealing with hernia problems isn't her area of expertise.

Even so, I thanked her from the bottom of my heart.

And, I thank you.  Thank you for praying for me.  May God bless you.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: