Friday, February 21, 2014


Here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), I let you know yesterday, that my nurse wanted me to go on Wednesday, to the Emergency Room (ER) at the hospital.

We discussed this in the late afternoon, when she came to clean and redress my wound area.  I let her know I was expecting company, who would only stay for a short visit, and would afterwards head to ER.

My pastor from Walkerville Evangelical Baptist Church (WEBC) arrived earlier than planned.   And, he came with flowers for me.

How lovely and thoughtful!  Thank you, my church family!

After our short visit, I finished packing up my bag, since my nurse, nor I knew for sure if I would be admitted into hospital.  Then, Pastor Tom dropped me off at the hospital.  Thank you, Tom.  May God bless you...

For this, I was thankful, for he had to cross town to get home, and it saved my daughter P from having to cross town to pick me up.  Yes, they both live on the west side of Windsor, while I live on the east side.

My daughter P, met me at ER.

Waiting time was four (4) hours for me.  I was seated amongst many people.  It seemed the faces were changing, as others were called in and more people arrived.

A couple of hours later, about 11:00 p.m. I was finally called in and given a bed.  The doctor assisting me was the same one who had seen me Feb. 1st, before I had the surgery the next day.

Apparently, my latest CTscan from February 7th, and indeed every one I've had prior, nothing showed up.

He checked my wound area, and the lump area beside it to the right.  He did a swab test and let me know that I needed to have an ultrasound test done. 

The ultrasound department wasn't open at that late hour.  It was upsetting to me that testing couldn't be done immediately.   Especially, after having waited many hours in the waiting area.

I took a deep breath, exhaled and once again decided to just trust God.

This brought to mind Romans 5:1, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:".

How grateful I am that I have peace with God.  And, how thankful I am that He's with me, always!

By the time I was released from ER, it was 1:00 a.m.  And, I was in extreme pain.

The doctor had put pressure on the lump, in order to try and drain out some of the fluid. 

Plus, you must understand that it is difficult for me to sit up straight.  Even at the computer.  Never mind, in the waiting room at the hospital's ER.

Normally, I sit partially reclined or lay down in bed, for the open incision hurts when I sit up straight, as I need to in a normal chair.

After P drove me home, I made sure I took medication for pain.  And, went to bed to rest.

Like normal, I prayed.  And, trusted God for everything.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: