Saturday, February 22, 2014

ER, Again!

Before I begin today's Life with Lynnie (LwL) entry, I'd like to say that had my parents been alive, today would have been their wedding anniversary

It may not seem important to some people to recall information like this, but it is important to me. 

It's too late to pray that they'll be in heaven.  They either are, or they're not.  Nothing will change where they are, because their lives are over, here on earth. 

But, I'm hoping I'll see them there, one day.

In yesterday's LwL entry, I discussed what happened to me on Wednesday.  And, what transpired at the hospital's Emergency Room (ER).

When I was released about 1:00 a.m. Thursday morning, I was given an appointment time of 3:00 p.m. that very same day.

My daughter P, crammed her busy schedule and picked me up.  She drove me to the hospital.

After registering at the admitting department, I had to go to the desk that handles testing.

As I approached the waiting room, where patients wait for their testing, I saw it was full.  People were yelling, and were all excited. 

Not just patients.  Also, hospital workers.

The energetic praising was due to the fact that the Canadian Women's Olympic Hockey Team, had just won the gold medal.

Luckily, one woman was still at the desk, where I had to hand in my paperwork.  She gave me a paging unit and was told to go sit in the waiting area, until I was buzzed.

Lucky for me, some people left that waiting room area.  I can only imagine they left, because there was no need to continue watching the television (TV).

I waited.  Finally, about 45 minutes past my appointment time, I was called to have my ultrasound test done.

The technician assured me that she found the lump and it showed information that the doctor(s) would need.  Afterwards, I was told I needed to go to ER, once again.

What?  This time, I hadn't brought a packed bag.

Thoughts ran through my mind about the possibility of me requiring further surgery.  Or, treatment of some kind.

P had come to pick me up.  However, she left again.  She had other things to do, so I was glad she was able to go do them.

When she showed up at ER about four (4) hours later, I still hadn't been called in to see the physician.  She was rather upset.

Believe me, she couldn't have been as upset as I was.  After all, I was in the midst of another changing group of sick people.  And, was surrounded by germs, infections, viruses, etc.

With my reduced immune system, due to having that rare Rheumatoid Arthritic (RA) condition of Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS), it leaves me at risk.  And, knowing that it is dangerous for me, with an open incision, I wasn't happy.

P had to leave to do an errand.

When she returned, she and I enjoyed a chicken sandwich, together.  She had brought it for me, because she knew I hadn't eaten since morning.  Thank you, P!  May God bless you.

My pain level was getting worse and worse.  And, I was growing weary and more upset.  Not just due to the pain of me having to sit upright in a chair, for hours.

But also, because I realized that the triage nurse who took my info, had told me that there were only four (4) or five (5) people ahead of me. 

Knowing I had waited about five and a half (5 1/2) hours already, I wasn't a happy camper.

Would you like to be lied to?  I don't.  And, it seemed that it wasn't four (4) or five (5) people ahead of me.  It was more like 45, or 450 people ahead of me.

Finally, I got called in and was given the same bed, as the evening prior.  There was a different doctor, though.

This ER physician was very kind.  He let me know that this may have been the original ABSCESS that was never drained, even in May 2013 when I spent 15 days in hospital, and went home with a drainage tube not working.

He also let me know that sometimes there can be more than just one (1); sometimes, there can be a cluster.

When he realized I had mesh inside me, he let me know that it must be infected, and need to be removed.  In his opinion, this is why I have been fighting so many physical ailments and/or infections.

Once again, I heard that this will continue to happen to me, until the mesh inside me is removed.  Or, until I die.

In any case, the only thing done, was me being told that it was definitely an ABSCESS that needed to be drained.

I found this upsetting.  And, once again, turned to God.  I prayed He would provide for me and help me through this stressful, painful problem.

Yesterday, I quoted Romans 5: 1, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:". 

Today, I'll finish up with the verses 2-5 that follow, "By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

I realize that I have been suffering terribly for more than 17 months now.  However, no matter the situation, there is nothing I personally can do about it.

The reality is, that I must trust God and rejoice in the hope of His glory.  He's the one in control.  Not me.

As He told us, we must glory in our tribulations. 

Our trials help us be changed into the people He wants us to be.  It assists in conforming us into image of His Son, Jesus Christ, which is what He desires. 

And, He provides for us, giving us patience.

At the end of this month, I'll be seeing a surgeon in London, Ontario.  Hopefully, he'll be able to help me. 

This was one (1) reason why they told me they didn't want to take me back into the operating room, to clean out this abscess.  The other reason, was because it was really not good to do this, when I am still not healed after having surgery earlier this month.

Instead, I was told that I was to come back to the hospital, to the radiology department.  There, a doctor would drain this ABSCESS.

If you believe in prayer, I'd like to ask for continued prayer for healing for me.  Thank you.  May God bless you.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: