Saturday, January 25, 2014


If you've read Life with Lynnie (LwL) over the past couple of days, you'll be aware of how my province's healthcare system, here in Ontario, Canada has contributed to letting me down.  And, not providing the healthcare that I require.

As I mentioned, I no longer have the Toronto surgeon willing to do the surgery/operation I have needed since May 2013, even though I was told I needed it done as soon as possible (asap). 

This is due to the fact that our socialized medicine healthcare system won't allow him to work here in Windsor, without working with/through another surgeon.  And, there isn't one available to work with, here.

Hearing this, was disappointing to me.  Not just because the Toronto surgeon is no longer willing to help me, but also because his office never even contacted me, to tell me.

When I last spoke about being at my current surgeon's office, here in Windsor, I never finished telling you about what happened, with the conversation between the Windsor surgeon, my daughter P, and I.

My current surgeon, who is not willing to work with the Toronto surgeon after all, let my daughter P and I know that he believes our healthcare system isn't working well.  And, went on further to tell us that it will get worse.

Get worse?  How could it get worse, when a person cannot get the medical care they need, when they need it?  Or, even worse, not at all!

His option for me, as I mentioned in the past, is to allow him to remove the mesh that has become infected by the infections inside me.  Without any reconstruction.

Do I want to live as one huge hernia from my ribcage to my pelvis?  No.  Would you?

Of course, he recommended this, letting me know that I could have another or several surgeries later, to replace the mesh, once the infections inside me were under control and/or healed. 

Since when will I be healed from MRSA?  Yes, they can get rid of the abscess, but it's not possible to heal me totally from the staph infection, MRSA.

Once again, I let him know that I wouldn't want to have to have repeated surgeries/operations. 

Would you want to live the rest of your active life, having repeated surgeries/operations?

I don't.

He suggested that I could get another opinion.  In London, Ontario.

My daughter P reminded him that originally, I had an appointment with a surgeon/friend of my original surgeon.  He decided that I should talk with him.

So now... I've been referred to the surgeon who originally gave me an appointment for November 2013.  The appointment that got cancelled, because the Toronto surgeon gave me an earlier appointment.

How long will this take?  Only God knows.

As I mentioned yesterday, I believe the system is working against me.  Possibly even on purpose, so that my life will end and they won't have to worry about me, any longer. 

If I died, they would be able to bury their problem.  And, be done with it. 

At least, here on earth.

How grateful I am for God.  My God who loves me.  And, who directs the path of every one of His children, to stand strong in the Lord.

Just as He told us to do, in Ephesians 6:10-13, "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

And, stand I will continue to do.  Even though I'm in the midst of a trial where the devil is trying to harm me.

After all, it is truly not my fight.  It's God's. 

I don't need to wrestle/fight against the flesh and blood of this problem.  Meaning the medical community, and our healthcare system.

So, I do what God told me to do.  I put on the whole armour of God, daily.

As I said, I realize that it is truly not my battle.  It's the Lord's battle.

And, He is fighting it, for me.

By the way, most people who already know about me being referred to another surgeon in London, for another 'second' (2nd) opinion as my current Windsor surgeon called it, when he talked about it with my daughter P and I, have told me I should keep the appointment and not cancel it. 

There's nothing to cancel; I have not yet received a date for it.  Just know I will attend the appointment.

There are questions I asked my current Windsor surgeon, that he couldn't answer.  Hopefully, the London surgeon will be able to answer my questions.

For example... how do we know if I'm truly still infected inside me? 

After all, God could be giving me a miracle healing.  I wouldn't want to have unnecessary surgery.

In the meanwhile, I'll just continue to trust my Lord.  And, stand.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: