Friday, September 6, 2013

Rest? Rest!

Here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), for a while now I haven't really talked about how I've been feeling, on a regular or daily basis.

To be honest, I am absolutely worn out.  Exhausted.  Tired, beyond belief.

This may partly be due to calming down after being overwhelmed for so long.  It may be due to having had a busy week.  Or, both.

It seems like I haven't stopped, all week.

Of course, I am not able to do quite as much as I have in the past, before becoming sick.  It's been quite a long year, to be sure.  And, tiresome.

Even so, I did all that I knew I could possibly handle.  Both physically, and emotionally. 

Knowing that I had to create an audio file of a LwL entry, I needed to plan ahead.

You see, I need to be up in the middle of the night to create the audio files.  It's the only time, when there is not much road noise.  In fact, sometimes, there is actually none.  For this, I'm thankful!

By Wednesday, I was truly tired, though.  So, later in the evening, I went to take a nap for a couple of hours.

You see, no matter what I do or do not do, I need to be awake between 11:30 p.m. and midnight, so that I can take my much needed antibiotic and other medication to protect my stomach.  Knowing how important this is, I set my alarm.

Up I got, and took my meds.  Then, I realized I had not yet written Thursday's LwL entry, so I worked towards this result.  After all, I was wide awake, then.

Knowing that it was rather late at night, or rather early in the morning, I set up my computer and microphone headset, so I would be able to record my LwL entry that would be aired on Sisters For Souls radio programme on Saturday evening.  For more info, please click on this link:!untitled/cee5.

This took a little longer than I expected.  So, I decided to begin doing some of my Facebook (FB) work. 

By doing so at this early time, I thought I would be able to sleep in.  Later, than normal.  And, not worry about getting done what I do, daily. 

But it didn't work out that way.

Knowing it was about 6:30 a.m. when I crawled into bed, I set my alarm for just before noon.  Normally, I do not do things like this, but I was so tired, I felt I needed a few hours sleep.

Just before 9:00 a.m., my phone rang with a long-distance call.  Then, as I tried to doze off again, my phone rang with another long-distance call.

By the time I finished with the telephone conversations, I was not only wide awake, but I was totally exhausted.  And, rather stressed.

Even so, I felt I needed to rest a while.  So, I sat reclined in my living room and had phone conversations with a couple of people I am close to.

Thinking about resting, brought to mind Psalm 37:7, "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

Praying and waiting upon Him, I took my time doing what I needed to do, yesterday.  I tried to rest, as much as I could, even if it wasn't much.

But mostly, I looked to my Lord.  Not just to help me through my tiresome day, but to help me through the stressful situation I have been facing, lately. 

I rested in my Lord.

He gave me strength and provided for me, as I patiently made it through the day.

Knowing that it would do absolutely no good to worry, or fret, I just placed my trust in Jesus.  And, carried on.

He indeed, helped me through every minute of my day.

How grateful I am to You, for I know I couldn't have made it, without You.  Thank You, Lord!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: