Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mountain Climbing...

Here on Life with Lynnie (LwL), it's been a while since I wrote about my health status.

It was three (3) weeks ago yesterday, when I last saw my surgeon/doctor.  My daughter P went with me, as I'm sure you're aware.

At that time, he made it clear that I'm in a situation that most people would not want to be placed in.

Here's what he was referring to:

Surgeon #1 (in London, ON) = Consultation appointment for November 5th.  Plus, surgery wait time. 

FYI... my surgeon knows this London surgeon and spoke with him to get this earliest appointment time.  My surgeon also told P and me that this was too long to wait.  If the infection inside me spreads to my organs, I'm dead.

Surgeon #2 (in Toronto, ON) = Changing practice; cannot take me as a patient.

Surgeon #3 (in Toronto, ON) = Is not taking on new patients.

Surgeon #4 (in Toronto, ON) = still waiting for a response to the referral made three (3) weeks ago.

Knowing that my current surgeon/doctor let P and I know that there are only four (4) surgeons in our Province of Ontario, who are capable and experienced to do the surgery I require.  This is definitely not a good situation.

P asked him how much chance there was that other doctors/surgeons didn't want to take on a patient like me, who has the staph infection:  MRSA.  His response was that he felt it could be as high as 100%.

Not many hospitals want patients with infections.  Especially, if the patient didn't pick it up at their hospital.

Of course, the hospital where I had my surgery, doesn't have a qualified surgeon who can do not just the mesh removal needed, but also the reconstruction I require.  So, where does this leave me?

Not in a good situation.

Since then, my surgeon/doctor went on vacation for a week.  Even so, I haven't been able to get an appointment to see him.

During our last meeting, he made it clear that he cannot and/or will not (he wasn't clear on that issue) help me find a surgeon outside Ontario, or even outside Canada.

Believe me when I say that it is shocking to find yourself in a predicament, like this one.  And, it can be disheartening also, at times.

Even so, I trust my God.  My Jesus, who loved me so much that He gave His life to pay the price for my sin, and for the sin of all who believe upon Him.

I pray.  And, pray.  And, pray.

After all, God told us in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, "Pray without ceasing".

No matter what happens, and no matter what emotions I am feeling, I will continue to pray.

If you can find it in your heart to pray for me, I would be very thankful.  After all, prayer can move mountains.

And, this mountain I am facing, is certainly a difficult one to climb.  God willing, when I reach the top, there will be a surgeon there, waiting for me!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: