Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Because Of...

Even though I've been writing on Life with Lynnie (LwL) about my health concerns, it doesn't mean that I've stopped living.

I didn't mean that as a joke, even though my life could be in the process of ending, soon.

Although I have more energy since taking my vitamins and minerals again, I still get tired fairly quickly.  When I feel I have the ability to do stuff, I begin whatever it is I've decided to do.  Then, it comes over me like fog.  I become tired.

Exhausted is probably a better word to describe how I feel.

Like on Sunday.  After worshipping at church, I made my way home.  On the way, I stopped at a store.

By the time I arrived home, I was absolutely worn out.  And, the silly part is that I didn't really do much of anything!

After having a quick bite to eat, I decided to sit and relax for a while.

I read my Bible, prayed, and watched some television (tv) while reclining in my favourite chair.  It's located next to my balcony door, so it's truly a beautiful place to sit. 

The view is outstanding; especially in summer.

Boats on the river, at the yacht club next door, and at the marina just beyond that sure make the view relaxing.  Even though it's beautiful in the daytime, I love it in the evening after sunset.

The lights and sometimes the moon glistening on the water sure makes for a romantic setting.  Especially, with the lighthouse gleaming about a block away, with it's location being directly across from my unit. 

On Sunday afternoon, as I was sitting there relaxing, I began feeling really tired.  So tired, that I fought to stay awake.

Rather than doze in my chair, I made my way to my bedroom.  I set my alarm so that I would sleep about 20 minutes, or so.  Any longer than that usually interferes with my sleep at night.

I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.  And, when my alarm went off, I hit the snooze.  Actually, I did that a few times.

Still feeling sleepy, I decided to reset my alarm.  This time, for another hour.

By the time I forced myself to get up, I had slept almost two (2) hours. 

Wow!  What a 40 wink nap that was!

Once I was fully awake, I began thinking about how wonderful it was to participate in the prayer part of the worship service.  And, how wonderful it was to have people praying for me.

Thoughts about my physical condition began to flow back into my mind. 

But, I shook them off.  And, decided to not think about how hurt I've been, through these problems that arose due to becoming deathly ill as a result of negligence of some people's work.

I made every effort to do what God told us to do, in Psalm 37:7, "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

Yes, some people may have been paid through our medical system for the work they did, even if they didn't do their job properly.  But, whoever is responsible for causing my body to become infected with this staph infection MRSA certainly did a wicked thing.  And, will pay the price before God. 

Unless of course, they come to Christ and become saved.  If they are already saved, they may lose some of their rewards in heaven, but they won't lose their salvation.

So, I began thinking about the whole situation.  And, prayed.

I prayed for the person.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail:  lifewithlynnie@gmail.com