Sunday, May 19, 2013

Looking to Jesus...

Hopefully you are aware, that here on Life with Lynnie (LwL) today's entry was not written and published on this date. 

Instead, I have been writing daily entries and have been writing a second (2nd) entry daily, where I am catching up discussing issues and daily activities giving you an idea of what happened with/to me, while I was in hospital for 15 days.  This is a one of those entries.

In yesterday's entry, I wrote about having a bit of freedom.  And, how grateful I was that rather than being confined to the private room I was placed in during my entire stay in hospital, I was actually allowed to walk the halls from time to time.  Well, at least, as long as I didn't touch anything, or anyone.

There were other things I was thankful for.  Like how God provided in various ways, giving me things to do, to occupy my time.

My private room #810 came complete with a radio/cd player that was on top of a moveable wardrobe unit.  One of my nurses was kind enough to lift it down for me, placing it on triple drawered cabinet on wheels that most people use for flowers, cards, or personal items, etc.

My beautiful plants were seated on the window ledge, where I believe they were happier, in the long run!

With the radio being closer to the exterior wall, I had hoped I would have better reception.  This wasn't the case, totally.

Even though I love music, when I listen to the radio, I prefer to listen to preachers/teachers.  The two (2) radio stations I normally listen to didn't seem to be available clearly, when I first attempted to listen.

In fact, I could only receive one (1) of the Christian stations that I normally listen to.  And, the reception wasn't very clear, when I set it up, late in the day.

The next morning, it seemed the reception was improved.  I praised God for this, and moved the drawer cabinet slightly to allow the antenna a different placement.

To my surprise, the radio station came in almost clear!  For this, I praised God!

And, I appreciated that I was able to listen to some of the programmes and some of my favourite preachers/teachers who were on radio, in the morning schedule.

Every morning, I turned on the radio and listened to God's Word being preached/taught.  While doing this, most often I ate my breakfast at this time.  And later, worked on Sudoku and Crossword puzzles that I had received books of, from my daughter P.

During my radio listening time, I also received my super-antibiotics, intravenously (by IV).  Being hooked up to the pole and pump meant that it wasn't easy to move around, so it worked out well for me.

After both my treatment and radio programmes were done, then I usually had my shower and got cleaned up, for the day. 

During more treatment times, I would generally read.  Usually, my Bible.  But, I also read some non-Christian books.

During evening treatment times, I would use my small tablet that I had brought with me.

Yes, the hospital offered free wifi, but with so many rules of use involved, I wasn't able to access, write and/or publish anything here on LwL.  It was against the rules.

The hospital rules clearly stated that use was monitored.  If the rules were broken, accessibility would be permanently cut off.  Without warning.

So, instead of doing what I had hoped to do, I watched some Canadian television stations. 

Unfortunately, I only went on Facebook (FB) only a couple of times.  For some reason, I had trouble even posting a short message. 

I couldn't even watch a movie or any YouTube videos.  Every time I tried to do so, it seemed the signal died out.  That's when I realized that the hospital didn't want you using the wifi in this manner.

The best part about reading, was the fact that I did a lot of it.

As I mentioned, I did read my Bible.  In fact, I read so much of my Bible that I am well ahead of where I normally am, on my annual plan to read through the Bible in a year.

In fact, by the time I was discharged, I had begun reading in the book of John, in the New Testament!

How grateful I was that God had provided things for me to do, during the 15 days I was a patient at the hospital. 

Thinking of how I was trusting in my Lord to provide for me, reminded me of Hebrews 12:2, "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." 

Yes, I was grateful that my Lord, Jesus Christ made a way where there wasn't one, for me.  In so many ways, including ensuring that I was able to have a little bit of fun time, and wasn't bored to tears all day long, while receiving medical care. 

Thank You, Lord!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: