Tuesday, October 16, 2012

H. B. T! & Strength...

This entry was originally written and posted in Life with Lynnie (LwL) on blog.com, rather than here on blogspot.com, due to the problems I had posting any entry, here. Now that blogger has this site working properly again, I thought I would copy and repost here, to save you from having to back and forth between sites.

H. B. T! & Strength...

Before I begin today’s Life with Lynnie (LwL) entry, I must take the time to wish my eldest grandson T, a very Happy Birthday! Unfortunately, due to some family members being sick, and me not being able to bake a birthday cake like I usually do, I will not be meeting with T or my family. Happy Birthday, T!

If you read yesterday’s LwL entry, you’ll know that I had trouble with blogspot and wasn’t able to utilize anything, once I entered LwL‘s back office, where I write and post entries.

Please realize, this didn’t happen just to me. I must admit that at first, I did wonder if I was alone in this problem.

However, after making many, many, many, many… requests to have blogger fix the problem, and after finding a notice that was apparently posted in August, I realized I would have to make other arrangements for LwL

In any case, I thought I should explain why LwL moved to a new location.

Unfortunately, since I have made so-o many postings on the other site, you may have trouble locating this new site for LwL. If you would like to keep reading, I would suggest you save this page as a favourite or bookmark it.

As for me? Well, I’m doing okay. Not great. But, okay… at least I am trusting that I am.

For anyone who isn’t aware, I became ill in early September. After nine (9) days, I finally went to the emergency room at the hospital.

Within a handful of hours, I was wheeled into the operating room. It had been determined that I had a football-sized incarcerated hernia.

The surgeon had told me and my daughters that the surgery would be about an hour and a half (1 1/2 hours). Instead, the surgery took close to five and a half (5 1/2) hours.

As I’ve said to many people, I am grateful that God supplied a great surgeon. Instead of cutting out my bowels that were mixed in with the incarcerated hernia, he took the time to separate my intestines from the hernia, repack me and then finished doing the hernia repair.

Now? Well, I am at home recovering. And, it hasn’t been easy.

What I am referring to is the fact that not only have my stitches taken a long time to heal enough to be removed, but there is another problem. Last Friday, my surgeon had to cut off some dead skin, from part of my incision that has opened up, and clean out infection.

Since then, I have been on antibiotics and a nurse has been visiting me daily, to clean out the incision and redress it.

For this, I praise God! After all, He did tell us that in all things we should be thankful.

2 Corinthians 12:10 tells us, “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”

It may sound unreasonable to some, but I know that anyone who is truly saved, understands that I am trusting God for everything in my life. And, now… especially for my healing.

Until next time…

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: lifewithlynnie@gmail.com