Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lead Foot Lynnie?!

As I mentioned in yesterday's Life with Lynnie (LwL) entry, I had a busy day, Wednesday.

By the time I arrived home, from celebrating my granddaughter A's 2nd birthday, I was absolutely, exhausted.  Worn out, beyond belief!

After completing some preparations for my trip to London, Ontario, which was my agenda for the following morning, I headed to bed.  Believe it or not, I was in bed by 9:00 p.m.!  lol

I'm not sure if my head hit the pillow, before I was asleep.  However, I can tell you that when I awoke to my alarm clock's calling at 3:30 a.m. Thursday morning, I felt rested and ready for the day.  Praise God!  Thank You, Jesus!

Once again, I decided to do double-duty with my daughter P. 

I needed to return to London, to approach other bookstores to offer for sale my book,  Love Never Fails You...   Here's a LINK where you can see a sample of my writing and information on how to obtain a copy.

P needed to go to a hospital in London, once again.  This time, not for her own need, but rather, for the need of her two (2) youngest sons, Z and S.

Thursday morning began well for me.  After preparing to leave, I wondered why I hadn't yet heard from P.  So, I called her.  Both of us were shocked that P's alarm had not gone off!

This meant we were leaving much later than we had originally planned.  Eventually, she arrived at my apartment building, with family in tow.

Enroute, after praying for travelling mercies and more, we made it onto Hwy. # 401.  Staying calm, I prayed that God would provide for us to arrive on time for the first specialist's appointment.

Then, something not-so-great happened.  P had told me in the past, that she had never been forced to leave the highway, due to the police closing it down.

Certainly, this is more common during the winter, usually during a snowstorm.  But, this wasn't the time for such a thing to happen. 

Still, it happened!  Apparently, there had been a police chase during the night.  The car being chased, was eventually stopped, but not before it crashed, toppling over.  Hence, the reason the police had shut this portion of the highway.

Traffic jam happened, of course.  Eventually, we made it back on the highway.  P called the doctor's office and let them know we would be late.

Then, she called me lead foot Lynnie!  Hey!  I know I shouldn't have done so, but I just went with the flow of the traffic, who had also been delayed by the road closure.

All in all, I was thankful it was a productive day, for all of us!  I did all I had planned to do, and more.  P had good results from both Z and S's medical appointments!

Z's tumour in his arm bone, has not grown; he won't need another scan until next year.  S's pediatric heart specialist and her team, decided to wait another year to reconsider surgery on S's heart.

Praise God!  Thank You, Jesus!  For the good results and for providing for all our needs!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: