Monday, May 28, 2012

An Inch or Two!

Last evening, I was absolutely exhausted!

I realize that sounds like a strange thing to say on a Sunday evening.  But, if you read yesterday's Life with Lynnie (LwL) entry, you'll know that I had a rather taxing day.  Even if it was an encouraging one, signing copies of my book Love Never Fails You... for those purchasing copies.

It may not sound like it is hard work, sitting at a table of an event, where people come to peruse an arena, looking at items available by vendors, but for me, it is. 

Firstly, I'm not supposed to stand too long.  That's okay.  I try to not do this.  So, whenever I can, I sit for a while.  But, this doesn't always offer any back and/or neck relief.  Most people don't understand and probably wouldn't even care to know that it is painful for me to even sit, without proper back and neck support.  Still, I do my best.

Every once in a while, I walk around the area, to give my body a much needed break from standing or sitting.  But, of course, walking isn't always the best for my bad knee, either!  Okay, laugh.  lol  I did!

In any case, I did what I could do to help make my body as capable of surviving this event, as possible.  Just as I do for any of the events, I attend.  But, by the time I finished up at church in the evening, my body was aching. 

Please realize, I am not complaining, for this is the condition of my life, every day.  I've only written about this situation, as information for greater understanding of my health concerns and the chronic pain I experience.

Being on the go from early morning, until mid evening, also made me feel rather tired, along with the pain I experienced.  And, once I was home, I also had to write and post yesterday's LwL entry!  OOOooooeeee!

Once I did this, I went on Facebook (FB) for a short time.  It made me chuckle when a FB friend asked why I was going offline, earlier than they thought I should!  :)

I must thank God for giving me a wonderful sleep last night.  Thank You, Lord! 

Awaking early this morning, I did stuff I knew I needed to do, before heading out.  Once I was ready, I heard an ambulance outside.  This happens occasionally; usually, I never think twice about it.

Today, was different.

When I got downstairs to my garage parking level, there were two (2) ambulance attendants/paramedics, speaking with an elderly person who lives here, in my building.  I was happy to see that the person was alive, even if they seemed somewhat disoriented.

Then, it hit me! 

I couldn't leave the parking garage.  The ambulance was blocking the exit ramp; the only ramp that can be used to enter and/or exit the garage. 

Be still my heart!

After waiting a few minutes, I knew I couldn't wait much longer.  One of our complex board members helped guide me out and down the ramp.  It was a good thing I had some assistance, because I literally had only an inch or two on each side, to spare. 

No... I'm not exaggerating!  Thank you for the help, friend.  Thank You, Lord!

Why was it so important for me to leave before the ambulance finished with their patient?  Well, as I said to my board member, I was due at a funeral, and they weren't going to wait for me! 

There's more I need to say about this Monday morning, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Before I end off for today, I would like to say how grateful I am that God takes care of us always.  He knows our needs, and provides for His children, as we are told in Matthew 6:33, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 

Remember to always put God first in your life.  I didn't always in the past, but I do, now.  For this I praise God and thank Jesus!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: