Monday, May 14, 2012

Dirty Deed?!

Last Friday morning, I got back into the swing of things.  Meaning, I began my day as I try to do on a regular basis!

Yes.  I went to the YMCA/YWCA (Y) to do my pool exercise.  Afterwards, I did some shopping that I needed to do, before heading home to do what I needed to do for my work and life.

In the afternoon, I knew the water for our building was going to be shut off, due to sewer work being done, outside at the street.  This meant anything I needed to do regarding water, had to be done before shut-off time!

For me, this meant getting dinner ready for me and for my coworker/friend C, who is wheelchair bound.  At the appointed time, off I went to his apartment, where he is staying until he is able to walk, once again.

We did some stuff on the computer and after dinner, watched Wheel of Fortune, before I headed for home. 

By the time I arrived home, I was exhausted.  Instead of doing laundry as I hoped to do, I just relaxed, spent some time reading and on FB and headed to bed, early.

Like a good gal, I got up early Saturday morning.  Once again, I made my way to the Y, to work out in the pool.  This was something I hadn't done on a Saturday for a few weeks. 

Ah, how relaxing!  The trouble is, I am so relaxed when I leave the Y, that I sometimes wish I could just go have a nap!

But, I didn't.  I headed over to Zellers, at Huron Church & Tecumseh Rds.  This store is closing soon; I'm not sure when.

In any case, I shopped until I dropped, finding items I would use for gifts for later in the year, and for Christmas.  Okay.  Laugh!  :)  I'm ahead of the game! 

Besides, anyone who knows me, knows that I truly hate shopping, crowds, etc.  I would rather have everything done ahead of time, so I don't have to do this at Christmas time!

Talk about exercise!  By the time I left the store, I was absolutely worn out!  Arriving home, I didn't even unpack the items.  I took Traumeel, for pain and to help inflammation and then rested my weary body, while reading in my recliner chair.

I even had a short nap, in an effort to reduce the pain I was experiencing.  Thank You, Lord... for giving me relief, so I could function properly, again!

Once I was up and running again, I sorted laundry.  My early evening was spent doing the laundry that was sorted and ready to go.

Wow!  What a thrilling evening, wouldn't you say?  Okay, I'm being sarcastic.  But, what else is a gal to do, when life is lived alone with no one to spend time with?

In any case, I'm grateful to have gotten the dirty deed done.  At least, it's done for a while!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: