You're probably thinking, okay, so it's Friday the 13th. So what?
Well, to some people any 13th day of the month isn't a great day, and to others, being Friday the 13th, it might even be considered worse. Normally, it makes absolutely no difference, to me!
But, today, was different.
This morning, I got up earlier than I had been, lately. No, I didn't go to the YMCA/YWCA (Y), because even though I am feeling much better, I still feel somewhat ill.
In any case, I got up and out of bed. Normally, I just drink water, upon awaking. If ever I decide to make a cup of coffee or a pot of tea, it's usually later in the morning.
This morning, I felt like having a cup of French Vanilla Cappuccino, so I did my female thing. After emptying out my kettle, I rinsed it, and filled it with fresh water.
Nothing out of the ordinary. At least not until I plugged in my kettle.
Immediately, after plugging my kettle into one of my stove outlets, I went to turn and walk away. Boy, oh boy! I didn't get more than a step away, when something happened, that has never happened to me before, ever!
Flames shot out from where the kettle plug was attached to the kettle, itself!
Now, please understand, I am not saying that sparks flew. Absolutely, not!
Flames! Not huge, but flames, nevertheless!
After surprise, my first thought was that I needed to unplug the kettle. Believe me when I say that I was nervous even reaching to unplug the unit, because in order to do so, I had to reach over the area where the flames were shooting out from.
Even so, I did it! I praise God and thank Jesus, for blessing and protecting me!
Afterwards, I moved the kettle off the stove. A few fleeting thoughts later, I decided to place it back onto my stove, so that I could take a photo of the kettle and stove. Notice the black marks even a distance from the kettle? Those are not dirt marks, for my stove was clean, as it always is. That's how far the flames were flying! Black debris, was left behind.
When you take a peek at the pic below, notice the black marks on both my kettle and my stove top. It clearly shows where burning was actually taking place, as the flames flared and spurted out across the top of my stove.
Once again, I praise God and thank Jesus for keeping me safe and enabling me to deal with this dangerous and shocking situation, that I never expected to happen.
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org