Sunday, March 18, 2012

High Sales!

This weekend has literally rushed me off my feet.

Friday began much like every day this past week, with me working out in the YMCA/YWCA (Y) pool, each morning.  Well, okay, almost every day this week. 

You see, on Wednesday night, I just couldn't sleep. 

To be straight, I realize it was because I was so highly stressed over an issue that has been burdening my life.  In any case, I only fell asleep about 4:15 a.m., so it was actually Thursday morning.  With my alarm due to go off about 5:30 a.m., I just couldn't seem to make myself get up.

My reasoning was, if I got up and went to work out in the pool at the Y, then I would return home absolutely good for nothing.  I'd be worn out beyond belief, needing a nap.

If I had a nap after returning home, I might end up sleeping through much of the day.  Since there was no way I wanted to get my days and nights mixed up any worse then they already were, I decided to just shut off the alarm and return to sleep for a couple of hours.

Even when I got myself up and running, I felt fatigued.  But, stress will do that to you.

In any case, after working out Friday morning, as I do most mornings, in the pool at the Y, I had a lot on my agenda for the day.  I went about my business and did the shopping etc., that I felt I needed to do, before the weekend.

Saturday morning, I didn't get to sleep in.  Once again, I was up early.  Not only did I have to pack up my vehicle with a table, cloth, and books, I had to drive to Leamington, Ontario. 

Leamington is another city, here in Essex County, about an hours drive from home.

I arrived at the Sherk Recreation Centre, where some of my fellow writers were congregating in the foyer area of the complex.  While we weren't inside the room where the antique show was going on, we were just outside the entrance.

In any case, it turned out to be a very good day for me, sales wise.  Out of all the writers who participated that day, my book Love Never Fails You... (here's a LINK for more information) sold the most copies, of any in our group.  I felt encouraged.  For this, I praise God and thank Jesus. 

I must say that before I left home, I kind of felt very positive about the day, which was definitely a pleasant surprise, after feeling stressed over the prior few days.

But then, I had awoken with a song on my heart once again.  Oops... I'll have to tell you about it, tomorrow!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: