Sunday, November 13, 2011

Give Thanks In All Things...

When I left you yesterday, I had just left the hospital, where my daughter P was receiving her first (1st) of two (2) units of blood.  Knowing it generally takes several hours for each transfusion unit, I went home.

Even though I had trouble sleeping, I found I awoke before my alarm was due to wake me.

Immediately, I called the hospital, because I hadn't heard from P or her nurse.  I was told that they were just disconnecting her.  The Emergency (ER) nursing station told me she'd be ready to go home, shortly. 

I packed up my bathing suit, etc. and made my way to the hospital, after calling once again and being reassured that P would be ready to be signed out.  Oops, I don't think I remembered to let you know that I joined the YMCA/YWCA (Y), so I would be able to once again enjoy working out in a pool.

Today's early morning schedule showed that the Y would open later today, at 8 a.m.  My intentions were to go to the first time slot to work out.

Arriving at the hospital, I found P was not yet ready to leave.  So, I waited and waited and waited.  Eventually, about 9:30 a.m., she and I made our way to get something for her to eat and get her one of her favourites... Tim Horton's coffee! 

I was grateful P was feeling improved, even though still tired.  Please continue prayer for my daughter.  Thank you.  May God bless you...

Dropping her off at home, I left P's and did a couple of errands.  Then, I checked on the house I own in that area, near the University of Windsor.

Yuch!  Leaves covered the lawn and sidewalk, so that it felt like I was wading through them.  The worst part is that I don't even have a tree on the property! 

Oh well.  I was glad I was wearing grubbies.  It took me about an hour and a half to rake up the front lawn's leaves and bag them, for garbage collection. 

This wasn't an easy task for me, physically.  Even so, God helped me!  I thanked Him immensely, because before I had the chiropractic treatment a few weeks before Gordon's death, the treatment that gave me more ability to use my body, I couldn't have done this!

I debated about going to the Y, to work out in the pool.  Yes.  No.  Yes.  No.  Well, yes won out!  And, it was not just good for me, but relaxing, too!

Yes, I paid for doing all that later, having pain beyond belief.  But, the surprising thing for me was, that I could do it, at all!  I thank God for providing a measure of healing for me, through my chiropractor!  Thank You, Lord!

This morning, still hurting, I got myself up and got ready to go worship.  Worshipping my God, is very important to me.  He comes first in my life.

Afterwards, I picked up coffee at Tim Horton's and took it to my real estate partner C's home, where he was resting.  Yesterday, he spent most of the day and evening at the hospital.  Once again, I ask you for prayer, for C.  Again, I thank you and pray God will bless you.

After a short visit, I left to go do something else.  Since Gordon's grave is in a cemetary nearby my real estate partner's home, I made my way there.

Arriving, I installed Gordon's wreath on our grave site.  In addition, I brought a floral display that I installed on his parents' grave, nearby.

Like always, I left there crying.  Even so, I immediately praised God, because I know the battle is not mine, but His.

As I made my way towards home, I listened to a favourite preacher/teacher on the radio.  Adrian Rogers.  Even though he is in heaven, with our Lord, I feel grateful that his preaching/teaching lives on.  Thank You, Jesus!

Now, I'm debating.  Will I, or won't I go back to church for our evening service?  I think I'll let you guess what my decision was.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: