Sunday, July 17, 2011


Today is Sonday, my Lord's day.  Even though I didn't really feel like going out, I got ready and left home, early this morning.

For some reason, this morning I thought back to last Sunday, before my knee gave out on me and became injured once again and thought of Gordon.  It had been the 21st month anniversary of his death and I had just laid low for the day, last Sunday.

Today, although my main focus is on my Lord, I had a few other things I absolutely had to do.  Like stop at my real estate office, to pick up some papers that were waiting there for me. 

Being near the cemetary, I visited Gordon's grave for a short time.  Then, I made my way to Windsor's west side, dropped something off to one of my daughters, before heading to check on the house.

Yes, it was a busy morning, but eventually, I made my way to church.  As usual, our worship service was wonderful.  I love worshipping my Lord!

My friend A and her husband K were surprised to see me at church, today.  After service, we chatted for a moment.  To be honest, I was surprised to be worshipping at church, too!

Another friend patted me on the shoulder as they were leaving the sanctuary.  I nearly crumbled and realized my body is still hurting, a lot! 

A brother-in-the-Lord made sure to tell me he and his wife are praying for me.  Wow!  I didn't realize anyone knew what happened to me, for I hadn't told anyone from church, until last evening, when my friend called me at home. 

Then it occurred to me that my friend A must have added me to the prayer chain after our conversation last evening.  She, her husband and family had just returned home from a summer vacation up north and she had called for a chat.

No, it wasn't just cabin fever that made me go out, today.  I am truly one of those people who refuse to give up.  I knew I had things I had to do, so pain or no pain, limitations or no limitations, I made myself just do what I needed to do.

I must admit though, my body felt like I should have just stayed home and rested!

Yesterday, after being out in the sun, relaxing in and by the pool, my facial scabs began to fall off.  By last evening, after I had my bedtime shower, almost all scabbing was gone.  Yes, there are still marks on my nose and face, but at least I didn't look like a drastically scraped up mess, as I had done for the last few days.

All in all, today has been a pretty good day.  I'm just worn out.  So, I'm going to rest and go down to the pool later, for a refreshing dip.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: