Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Broken Nose?

In yesterday's entry, I ended by letting you know that I would continue on with what I had been discussing over the past days.  Tomorrow, I will carry on with what should have been posted, today.  Unfortunately, I feel the need to post something else, today.   Hey, who knows.  Maybe this will be a welcome relief to you!

Before I get into the topic of today's entry, I need to mention that I own a home on Windsor's west side; no, I don't live there, but I do spend time there.

Due to physical limitations, I try to not do any outdoor work there, or indeed anywhere.  After all, if you've been a reader or Life with Lynnie (LwL), or if you know me personally, you know that I am partially disabled.

I won't go into a lot of detail about my physical limitations, but I will say that for nine (9) years now, I have been putting off having knee-replacement surgery.

A few weeks ago, I asked someone I know to do some yard work at the house; this person has always offered in the past to do such work, so I was was quite happy asking them.  To date, it hasn't been done.  I realize the person is busy, but I also know I really need this work done. 

With all the recent rain, including a really bad storm we had yesterday, I decided that the ground would be soft.  Maybe I could go over to the house and make an attempt at doing this work needing to be done.

After all, even though I may never be completely healed from all the physical traumas I've suffered, I believe I am in the best shape physically, that I have been since suffering all the past injury to my body.

So, I set my alarm and was up early today, about 5:00 a.m.  I eased by back and neck as I usually do, by reclining in my chair, reading the morning paper and working on puzzles.

As sunrise began, I thought of Gordon and how he loved to watch the sunrise over the water.  I must admit it is a beautiful sight.

By the time I crossed town to arrive at the house, it was about 6:30 a.m.

I began working diligently, doing the necessary gardening and removing growth that should not have been there, piling it up in one heap that later I would bag up in yard waste bags.

Being almost finished what I set out to do, I was already praying my Lord would help me, for my body was aching beyond belief.  Then, one of the worst possible things happened.  My knee gave out on me, and my body fell.

Twisting as I fell, I went face down towards the sidewalk, which quickly rose up to meet my face.

Yes, I hit my head, but that is not what is hurting the worst.  My nose was crushed on the concrete.  Yes, it was bleeding, as I lay there unable to get up, at first.

After laying there for several minutes asking God for help to get me up off the ground, I finally felt like I had enough energy to make an attempt.  It actually took several attempts, before I was able to get up onto my feet, once again.

What did I do?  Well, being about 7:15 a.m., I knew the closeby walk-in clinic with an x-ray department was not yet opened and I realized I didn't want to go to the hospital, so I thought and prayed for a moment.

I realized that if I stopped what I was doing, I would not be in any physical condition to come back and finish up, for probably a week or two.  So, I did the only thing I could think of.  I finished working at what I was doing.

Once finished, I made my way to the clinic, saw the doctor, got an x-ray of my nose and jaw, because by that time, I was in excruciating pain all over, with the worst being my nose, face, knees, and neck.  Oh, I should probably add my wrists and ankles, too.  Oh heck!  Okay!  Even my back hurt.  Have I covered it all?  I hope so, because every joint and muscle in my body hurts.

I refused to cry.  Whenever tears welled in my eyes, I prayed and forced them to not proceed, because I knew that if I cried, I'd have to blow my nose. 

The x-ray technologist didn't think my nose was broken, but she wasn't sure, so she was going to have a senior techologist look at the films, later today.  The doctor gave me a prescription for something for pain and told me to see my family doctor in four or five (4 or 5) days, when I will find out for sure if my nose is broken, or not.  If I don't have two (2) black eyes soon, I'll be shocked!

On my way home, I stopped at my chiropractor's office.  What a blessing he is!  I was very thankful that he was able to fit me in, giving me adjustments to several parts of my body, and giving treatment even to my wrists.  I'll see him again, Friday.

The reason I decided to post this today, even though this entry would interfere with the subject I had been addressing, is because I truly need prayer.  I need prayer for healing. 

My face and nose is swollen, scraped and hopefully, nothing major is wrong with me, but I am in terrible pain.  Of course my nose and face hurt, but as I mentioned, ever part of my body hurts and those areas where I had previously suffered injury hurt the worst.

So, if you could find it in your heart to pray for me, I would appreciate it, more than you know.  May God bless you, friend...

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail:  lifewithlynnie@gmail.com