If you read yesterday's entry, you'll know that I discussed the fact that I believe my friend is very confused.
During a recent conversation, he let me know that he doesn't believe that the only way to get to heaven, is to believe in Jesus Christ for your salvation. To make matters worse, he even told me that if that is the way it truly is, then he wouldn't want to serve a god like that.
In other words, my friend doesn't want to serve God, who provided for our salvation, by sending His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).
Truly, I pray my friend is just confused. I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict him and show him God's truth.
However, while I mentioned yesterday that it is possible my friend is confused, there is also another possibility. Possibly he received wrongful teaching.
After all, there are false prophets out there, who lead some astray. While I believe this is highly doubtful in this circumstance, it is certainly a possibility.
Some people don't believe there are false prophets out there, in our generation. However, this is not what the Bible teaches. The following are some Bible verses that tell us God's truth:
* Matthew 7:15, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
* Matthew 24:11, "and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."
* Mark 13:22, "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible."
* 2 Peter 2:1, "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privately shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction."
We can see by these verses and others that there are indeed false prophets. And, not just in times of old.
We see them even in our generation. They speak in pulpits around the world, preaching a gospel other than what the Bible teaches; leading many astray.
Of course, there are those who become famous by making predictions that are anti-Biblical. Like some make by those making predictions with regards to end times.
To be sure, the only people led astray by individuals like this, are those who do not know what God's Word, the Bible, teaches. Those in the know, realize that these predictions are false.
The unfortunate thing is that there are many, many people who don't know what the Bible teaches. Not just unsaved people, either.
What a pity!
Even so, we see in Daniel 11:34, "When they fall, they will receive a little help, and many who are not sincere will join them.", that many will be misled.
We see in Matthew 7:14, "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Not all who think they have a way to heaven, may really know the truth. God's truth.
God tells us in Matthew 22:14, "For many are called, but few are chosen." God has clearly shown us that not all will find their way.
1 Timothy 4:1, "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.", is very clear in its teaching. Many people will fall away.
1 John 4:1 reminds us, "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."
False doctrines, like the one my friend believes, are being taught even as we speak. Or, in this case, as I write. God's Word, confirms it. Reality of what some people think, proves it, too.
Remember that the Apostle Paul said in:
* 2 Corinthians 11:4, "For if he that comes preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if you receive another spirit, which you have not received, or another gospel, which you have not accepted, you might well bear with him."
* Galatians 1:6, "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel--"
* 1 Timothy 1:3, "As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer".
We can see that even in the Apostle Paul's day, false prophets were teaching false doctrines. Today, is no different. People are being misled, everywhere. Those being misled, may suffer for their lack of knowledge.
Our God is a god of love. But, He also is a god who is a jealous God, who wants no other gods to be before Him. He expects obedience, from those who love Him.
Pity those who teach a false gospel, for they have to answer to God. We all must stand before God one day. Those people in a position of teaching, have greater responsibility. I pray it is God's will to reveal truth to all; especially those who teach others.
He will reveal all truth, eventually. For every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. But, when that day comes, it will be too late for those who did not believe on our Lord, Jesus Christ, for their salvation.
Friends, if you are not yet saved, please place your trust in my Lord, Jesus Christ. And, you shall be saved (Acts 16:31).
Until next time...
If you would like to comment, please e-mail: email@example.com