Saturday, June 18, 2011

Believe It or Not!

In yesterday's Life with Lynnie (LwL) entry, I wrote about my editor sending me back my manuscript, after she completed the first round of edits.

Well, last evening I worked hard!  Once she worked with me by phone for a few minutes, in an effort to assist me in understanding how to use the programme, I was up and running!

Well, okay.  I cannot run.  But, I believe you got the idea. 

My whole evening was spent working on revisions for the book.  Of course, I found some time on breaks, to update on Facebook (FB) for a few minutes here and there.

About 11:00 p.m., I decided I was done working for the day and shut down the programme.  No more work for me, I thought!

After preparing for sleep time, I recalled that a drug store I regularly shop at had a one day sale on for just  Saturday.  And, there were things I had intended to shop for, during the sale.

Well, try as I might, I just couldn't relax to go to sleep.  I fought with myself over the issue of whether or not I should get dressed and go over to the location nearest me that was open 24 hours per day.

If you guessed that I got up, dressed and went out, you would have guessed right!

The reason I made that decision was twofold.  Firstly, I knew that if I waited until morning or afternoon, the items I wanted to purchase would be gone; sold out.  This is a common occurrence, so I knew in my heart I  should get up and go as soon as the sale began.

Then, knowing that being sold out of product was commonly happening to me, the only alternative would be to get up early in the morning and go then, praying that there was still in stock, the items I was looking to purchase.  Sure!  Like I really wanted to do that!  Not!

So, I bit the bullet and got myself over to the store, just as the sale was beginning.

By the time I arrived at the store, it was well after midnight.  The store was packed.  Even so, I was glad I had made the decision to go when I did.

The store was actually crowded!  As I selected the items I was shopping for, there were people finding the store was already selling out of their sale items.

Then, the worst part happened.  It was time to cash out and pay for my items.  The line-up went almost to the back of the store!

There were only two (2) cashiers open and the one line supported both cashiers, until someone got the idea to jump in and make another line.  This meant that those of us who were somewhere in the middle who couldn't see the other line, didn't know any better and stayed where we were.

Needless to say, it took forever for me to exit the store.  After driving home, unloading my vehicle, transporting my purchases up to my apartment and parking my vehicle, it was just a few minutes after 2:00 a.m.  Believe it, or not!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: