Friday, June 24, 2011


Something I didn't get to write about yesterday, was that I planned to attend a BBQ party with friends.

B & K are friends I haven't seen in a while. B worked with Gordon and gave a eulogy at his funeral.

The BBQ party was set up by the Union Local that Gordon and B were members of. On Facebook (FB), they have a page set up mainly for retirees. The idea came up a few weeks ago. Since the response was good, it was decided to hold the BBQ last evening, Thursday June 23rd, 2011.

In order to participate and gain entrance, everyone was to bring canned or non-perishable food that was to be given to local foodbanks. Nice!

A couple of days ago, I found out that not only was the BBQ to be outdoors, but so was the party. A tent was set up. The first (1st) 1,000 people could attend. This meant that if you snooze, you lose!

B & K let me know they were planning to arrive at the opening time of 5:00 p.m. And, they did. In fact, they told me they arrived early.

Upon entering the tent, I thought I might not be able to locate B & K, due to the large number of people chatting where the entrance was located. Of course, many people congregate near where drinks are being served!

Much to my surprise, B found me, before I even had a chance to look for them. We made our way, through the sea of people, to where K was seated.

K seemed comfy. B sat beside her and I sat across from them both. We enjoyed some fellowship time and great conversation. Thank You, Lord! I appreciated seeing my friends!

I had a bit of a problem that grew into a major problem.

The ground was soaking wet, even in the area of the tent that provided a roof covering, but not flooring. Not only was the table legs sinking into the wet grass, but the chairs were as well.

To make matters worse, the ground was uneven. This meant that we were sitting lop-sided in our chairs, and would be doing so, even if the ground wasn't wet.

As you might be able to imagine, this created quite a problem for me. After about 40 or so minutes, I just couldn't stand the back and neck pain I was experiencing, so I let B & K know that I had to leave. Much to my dismay.

There's more to say, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: