Friday, March 25, 2011

Pins, Needles & Numbness...

If you read yesterday's entry, you'll know that my daughter P and I spent part of Wednesday, together. 

I'm grateful for the time we had together on Wednesday, for on Thursday, she was due to have surgery on her hands, for trigger finger and other problems related to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus.

I'm not sure if it was the stress I've felt over P's recent health concerns, like the bloodclots she's been experiencing, or whether it was due to reading an article a friend sent me by e-mail, but for some reason, I didn't sleep well Wednesday night.

After reading the Christian article my friend sent me, my mind was in turmoil, for I had trouble understanding what the writer was trying to convey; the article seemed totally mixed up, to me.  In any case, after reading the article twice and feeling rather stressed over it, I decided to relax, pray and read my Bible.  Yes, then I felt much better!  I will be discussing this in depth, on another occasion.

Surprisingly, I had no trouble getting to sleep.

Then, about an hour after I dozed off, I awoke and could not get back to sleep.  All I could think about was my P's upcoming surgery and the article I read that a friend sent me by message through Facebook (FB) and how God had given me insight into it.

My mind racing a mile a minute, I just could not go back to sleep, so I got up about another hour of tossing and turning (sort of sounds like a song, doesn't it?) and began writing entries for Life with Lynnie (LwL).  You see, I am able to write entries and store them until I am ready to publish them.

I must admit that I've been wrestling with my life and decisions I made in my life, in the past.  In fact, my friend K across the hall, talked with me again, about the stuff.  I won't go into what we discussed, but it was rather personal.  I was thankful for her input.

After 4:00 am and not yet being able to sleep, I was sorry I hadn't taken some Melatonin.  lol.  Sounds funny, doesn't it?!  Being tired, yet not being able to sleep.  Oh well.  I suppose you can tell that is when I began writing this entry. :(

Feeling it was too late to take Melatonin, I just tried to relax.  Read my Bible, etc.  Eventually, I returned to bed.  It was about 6:30 am.  It took me a few minutes to get to sleep, but sleep finally arrived.

It's too bad that I couldn't have slept longer, but my alarm was set for 7:30 am, so I would have enough time to get up and ready to face the day.  Besides, I knew I had to pick up my daughter P about 8:30 am, for Thursday was her scheduled day to have surgery on both her hands.

We arrived at Windsor Regional Hospital - Met Campus, in plenty of time for P's surgery.   I brought my Bible with me to read, while P was with the surgeon.

Although I did read a few chapters, I began to feel myself dozing off.  Oh, no!!  lol  Murphy's Law is still alive and well!

Actually, P's surgery didn't take too long, for she wasn't put to sleep, but rather had been frozen. 

Apparently, when the surgeon opened up her hand, he tried to remove the excess inflammation from her finger joints and knuckles, in addition to repairing Trigger Finger and another problem she was experiencing.  He removed two (2) lumps and sent them away for testing.

Because the surgeon found another problem that I am not exactly clear on, he decided that before he operates on her other hand, he wants to do more tests.  This meant that P only had surgery on one of  her hands and not on both, as she had prepared for.

Due to the many medications P takes for Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, she cannot take pain medication.  This meant she was in a lot of pain, as the freezing wore off.

Later Thursday, she called me concerned about the pins and needles feeling as well as a numbness feeling she was experiencing in part of her hand.  I explained to P that this is what I experienced and still experience, ever since I had the second (2nd) surgery to reconstruct my jaw, after my collision, in 1980.

Hopefully, she will not continue to experience this problem forever, that it is only temporary, but I am concerned for this surgery was not the first (1st) surgery she has had on her hands.  So, this could become a permanent thing.  I prayed with her, that God will provide total healing.

Once again, I ask you for prayer for my daughter and pray God will bless you.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: